The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Computer Science at King's College London

Good evening.

I am transferring into the second years of Computer Science at KCL next year. Is anyone here currently studying CS at KCL? There is very limited information about the details of the course.

What it's like to study CS there? What can I expect?

Thanks you in advance!
Reply 1
Hi how do you transfer? Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Which uni are you transferring from?
Original post by nerfgun
Good evening.

I am transferring into the second years of Computer Science at KCL next year. Is anyone here currently studying CS at KCL? There is very limited information about the details of the course.

Thanks you in advance!

I don't know but all the compsci students i've spoken to are smart and getting 1st's. So it might have some good.
Original post by nerfgun
Good evening.

Thanks you in advance!

I'm studying Applied CS and applying to King's too, but UK doesn't accept my country's HE qualifications and I'll have to repeat the 1st year. :mad: And in the first year we, at least, repeat what we've studied in high school. I've never been so bored.
I obviously can't tell you my exp on the subject, but I've got a friend there and he loves it! He says it's very easy, that they teach you the basics in the first year, and you have a lot of spare time. Anyway, in my country we study 12-14 subjects in high school, so I guess it's a normal reaction.:smile:

Quick Reply