The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

QUB undergraduate applicants 2015 entry

There's not an undergraduate thread for a 2015 start, so I thought why not?

I've an offer for History and Politics, grades ABB. I probably won't take it, but it's nice to have!

What has everyone else applied for? Has Queens got back to you quickly? They got back to me in 24 hours.

Scroll to see replies

I applied for music, my application got sent off a couple of days ago and I got an offer for BBB yesterday!
I would love to go but it's quite far away
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by CescaD96
There's not an undergraduate thread for a 2015 start, so I thought why not?

I've an offer for History and Politics, grades ABB. I probably won't take it, but it's nice to have!

What has everyone else applied for? Has Queens got back to you quickly? They got back to me in 24 hours.

Congrats on getting the offer! What grades did you get at AS? Also have you visited the uni or heard much about the politics department? I'm considering applying to Queens next year. Thanks.
Reply 3
Original post by tashcoves
I applied for music, my application got sent off a couple of days ago and I got an offer for BBB yesterday!
I would love to go but it's quite far away

Well done! Where do you live?
Reply 4
Original post by blondelocks
Congrats on getting the offer! What grades did you get at AS? Also have you visited the uni or heard much about the politics department? I'm considering applying to Queens next year. Thanks.

I got AAAB at AS. No, I missed out on the Open Days in September (I had a wedding) but I might take a look there in January.
Reply 5
I have all 4 of my QUB offers (Just waiting on one from Ulster, expecting them back in Feburary)

BEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering SW (4 years)
BEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering (3 years)
BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering SW (4 years)
BEng Software Engineering SW (4 years)

All for BBB including a B in Mathematics, and all except the Software Engineering asking for a B in Physics too.

I really want to go to Queens because I feel like they want me. They had an Autism Taster Day, they had their open days, and an engineering parents evening. As an offer holder they asked me to come to 2 UCAS offer holders days. They sent disablity information. And they sent me a Christmas card (I loved that, I thought it was so cute). I am really scared I won't get the grades though (my AS Levels were BCD). I want to go!

Anyway, anyone else for those subjects, or any other kind of engineering degree for that matter?
AAB physics offer holder :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by NekoJyo
I have all 4 of my QUB offers (Just waiting on one from Ulster, expecting them back in Feburary)

BEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering SW (4 years)
BEng Software and Electronic Systems Engineering (3 years)
BEng Electrical and Electronic Engineering SW (4 years)
BEng Software Engineering SW (4 years)

All for BBB including a B in Mathematics, and all except the Software Engineering asking for a B in Physics too.

I really want to go to Queens because I feel like they want me. They had an Autism Taster Day, they had their open days, and an engineering parents evening. As an offer holder they asked me to come to 2 UCAS offer holders days. They sent disablity information. And they sent me a Christmas card (I loved that, I thought it was so cute). I am really scared I won't get the grades though (my AS Levels were BCD). I want to go!

Anyway, anyone else for those subjects, or any other kind of engineering degree for that matter?

If they have given you 4 offers then have hope! They want you there! Are you repeating any modules? (Wow, the amount we have to pay for resits is ridiculous.)

Original post by vampyrawwrr
AAB physics offer holder :smile:

Well done! Is Queens your first choice?
Reply 8
If they have given you 4 offers then have hope! They want you there! Are you repeating any modules? (Wow, the amount we have to pay for resits is ridiculous.)

Well done! Is Queens your first choice?

I really want to go there. I know a number of people there, some of them are really good friends or relatives too. Queens does lots little things that make them seem welcoming too. I'm repeating 7 or 8 modules (not sure yet), all NICCEA (the cheapest board thank heavens). I will either have 13 or 14 modules at the end of the year.

Only draw back, one of my best friends is repeating year 13 this year, and my other best friend is repeating year 14 next year. :-(

I'm a little scared
Reply 9
Original post by NekoJyo
I really want to go there. I know a number of people there, some of them are really good friends or relatives too. Queens does lots little things that make them seem welcoming too. I'm repeating 7 or 8 modules (not sure yet), all NICCEA (the cheapest board thank heavens). I will either have 13 or 14 modules at the end of the year.

Only draw back, one of my best friends is repeating year 13 this year, and my other best friend is repeating year 14 next year. :-(

I'm a little scared

Thank god for CCEA. :smile:
That's quite a few modules so don't overwork yourself! And I'm sorry about your friends, that sounds really tough on you all.
Reply 10
Thank god for CCEA. :smile:
That's quite a few modules so don't overwork yourself! And I'm sorry about your friends, that sounds really tough on you all.

Thanks. It's alright. I can come down and see them at the weekends, as for the modules, I don't need to repeat all of them, it's just a better idea to so that I can bring my grades up. I wish we had January modules though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by NekoJyo
Thanks. It's alright. I can come down and see them at the weekends, as for the modules, I don't need to repeat all of them, it's just a better idea to so that I can bring my grades up. I wish we had January modules though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wish for January modules too :smile:
Well done! Where do you live?

Oxford in England!
Offer for psychology, need to get ABB!! :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by tashcoves
Oxford in England!

Ooh, that is far away. I live in N.Ireland.
Reply 15
Original post by TheBeastHunter_
Offer for psychology, need to get ABB!! :smile:

Well done! :smile:
BBB offer for Physics.

QUB is my insurance I would like to go there if I slip up on my firm choice = Exeter.
I'm from London .*. Its quite far away but who doesn't like an adventure :wink:
Hey guys, I applied for BSW Honours Social Work at QUB. I have a first class honours degree already but it was not in a relevant field so I'm applying for the 3 year course. Only submitted my application a day ago as I work overseas. Getting nervous now as I know how oversubscribed the course is.

Best of luck in all your applications.
Reply 18
I got BBC with B in mathematics offer for BEng chemical engineering :smile: guys ,I'm an international student , can anyone tell me about QUB and life in Belfast please. :confused: Thanks .
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by AMF97
I got BBC with B in mathematics offer for BEng chemical engineering :smile: guys ,I'm an international student , can anyone tell me about QUB and life in Belfast please. :confused: Thanks .

Hey, I'm a fellow hopeful engineer. I live in NI and Queens is my first choice. There is something about there that I am just really attracted to. Anyway, one of my best friends is currently there and he loves it. Belfast is probably one of the best places in NI, it's much smaller in comparision to some other cities. I want to spend time up there with another friend and some family next month and I'm really looking forward to it. NI has one of the smallest crime rates in Europe and the cost of living isn't too bad either.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending