The Student Room Group

Resitting some year 13 modules - Personal statement.

Hey guys

I am very unsure of what to write in my 2nd personal statement. Last year i didnt get the grades i was looking for so I am reapplying and resitting some modules. I am also working part time and teaching these modules myself.

It is for a degree in physics and I am aiming for A's in maths and physics.
Only resitting modules I didn't do well in.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
You don't need to talk about resits in your personal statement. Your PS should be positive and should focus on why you want to study the subject - you shouldn't feel you have to make excuses for under-performance, but unis will have read them all before. If you have any extenuating circumstances this needs to go in your reference, and your referee also includes predicted grades.
Reply 2
Oh I dont think i made it clear, I am resitting year 13 myself.

sorry for the confusion.
Reply 3
Original post by Kennethm
Oh I dont think i made it clear, I am resitting year 13 myself.

sorry for the confusion.

That doesn't change anything
Reply 4
I feel like I should atleast mention that I have been resitting some modules because it would be weird to say that ive had a part time job for the past year and thats about it.
Original post by Kennethm
I feel like I should atleast mention that I have been resitting some modules because it would be weird to say that ive had a part time job for the past year and thats about it.

They can see you are resitting from the qualifications part of the form where it says pending. You shouldn't put it in your ps as well. Your ps is a positive statement about why you want to do the course in the future, not a place for dwelling on the mistakes of the past.
Reply 6
Thanks for the help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending