The Student Room Group

Revision tips or advice?

Hey, I'm doing my GCSE'S this year and I really struggle with revision because I still doesn't know what technique works best for me. The subjects I'm actually worried about the most are chem, physics, bio, maths and spanish mainly

I used to watch MyGcseScience videos for science (obviously) but now he's started charging so does anyone know any other good, helpful science youtubers? Same for maths.

Also, any revision tips or advice for organisation or focus will really help! Thanks so much in advance :smile:
Original post by tibz101
Hey, I'm doing my GCSE'S this year and I really struggle with revision because I still doesn't know what technique works best for me. The subjects I'm actually worried about the most are chem, physics, bio, maths and spanish mainly

I used to watch MyGcseScience videos for science (obviously) but now he's started charging so does anyone know any other good, helpful science youtubers? Same for maths.

Also, any revision tips or advice for organisation or focus will really help! Thanks so much in advance :smile:

Hi, just a few things I did which I thought I would share!

Firstly, I would do one paper for each subject right at the start of the hols - this would help to identify where my weaker points are and to concentrate on them...

Don't spend ages just making pretty looking notes - I write my notes out (and any graphs/diagrams), highlight some bits, but nothing else - dont waste time making fancy different coloured sections... Just re-reading notes won't do much!

Just google the exam course quiz questions - these are things which you can do with 5-10 mins spare time, and there are lots around!

Leave time to do at least 2-3 papers of each subject before the exam!

Don't do too much at once - doing 2-3 hours every day is better than doing 5-6 for the last couple weeks....

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by mobbsy91
Hi, just a few things I did which I thought I would share!

Firstly, I would do one paper for each subject right at the start of the hols - this would help to identify where my weaker points are and to concentrate on them...

Don't spend ages just making pretty looking notes - I write my notes out (and any graphs/diagrams), highlight some bits, but nothing else - dont waste time making fancy different coloured sections... Just re-reading notes won't do much!

Just google the exam course quiz questions - these are things which you can do with 5-10 mins spare time, and there are lots around!

Leave time to do at least 2-3 papers of each subject before the exam!

Don't do too much at once - doing 2-3 hours every day is better than doing 5-6 for the last couple weeks....

Good luck!

Thanks so much for your advice! I'll definitely be trying them all. Especially the last tip :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, have you heard of Memrise? It's a free website that uses a flashcard medium to help you remember stuff. There's loads of usermade courses on all subjects, including lots of GCSE content! You should really check it out.

I also recommend BBC bitesize. Just going through all the activities and notes and quizzes every night or so really firmed the basic knowledge in my head. There are some science podcasts on there too, which are soooo useful to listen to if you take more than 10-15 minutes getting to school.

Quick Reply

Latest