The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is why they invented face transplants, one quick 24 hour operation and your spots won't bother you anymore. :smile:
Reply 2
No. Just some dead persons spots :p:
Reply 3
Benzoic acid cream, buy over counter at pharmacy, and get the 10% stuff. Oxy do one in the cosmetics aisle but its only 2.5%.
Reply 4
Tea tree oil and witch hazel are really good. Dont expect them to clear up straight away though, some spots can take ages to disappear.

If you get them regularly, try Clearasil or Clinique.
Reply 5
10% stuff without perscription? cool.

So how does it work?
Reply 6
clearasil is good and cleans up spots quickly, tho i found it made my skin uber dry and it started pealing :confused: it might work better on you
Reply 7
Princess_Peach
10% stuff without perscription? cool.

So how does it work?

can't remember...think it dissolves the stuff that clogs the pores, but if used too often dries the skin out, so follow directions carefully, and use sparingly.
Reply 8
botanics at boots do a moisturiser which is good too...pore perfecting i think its called.
Reply 9
I used to use surgical spirit when I got them. Now I just drink loads of water.
Reply 10
~Kirsty~
Benzoic acid cream, buy over counter at pharmacy, and get the 10% stuff. Oxy do one in the cosmetics aisle but its only 2.5%.

You mean Benzoyl Peroxide?
Reply 11
thats the one...slight mind lapse!
Benzoyl peroxide is probably the best, or concentrated sulphuric acid in extreme circumstances.

The latter is only advisable if you're a chemistry teacher. They know what they're doing. Usually.
haha, was about to post to say "be careful with the acid..."
Reply 14
Make sure you don't touch your face with dirty hands, don't want more popping up :wink:
Reply 15
I think Benzoyl Peroxide is pretty useless tbh but saying that, i still use it! :rolleyes:
Reply 16
I talked to my doctor about this earlier this year. He gave me a gell and its really helped. I'm gonna go onto anti-biotics soon though to completly clear it. So if its really a problem I'd talk to your GP.
Reply 17
I just generally use a good facial scrub every 2 days or so..

it doesn't stop the odd one or two spots.. like the one i've got on my forehead at the minute... but it really helps keep them under control..
Reply 18
I used to get them REALLY badly, but I've been clear for about a year now with literally NONE at ALL- WOO! I use clearasil in the evenings and that's it.

HOWEVER, since starting uni and my new job I have been in a permanent breakout- I'm COVERED- feel SH*TTY and gross, especially when guy I fancy is at work...:frown: The bad ones are clearing (ISH:rolleyes: ) but two lovely surprises appeared this morning in the shape of MORE near my nose :frown: ARGH!!

I'm not a vain person but they can really screw up the day for me if I feel gross as I'm not the most confident person and am REALLY tall and so stick out like a sore thumb.

I've bought a stick thing from Boots- it's Boots own with a day and night end with tee tree oil and witch hazel- I'm testing that...it's not done much for 3 days...:rolleyes: But for the CRUCIAL covering up Witch do a REALLY GOOD concealer that actually WORKS- it's only £4.99 compared to a REALLY SH*T one from L'Oreal for £6.99. EVIDENCE of how SH*T I feel- I bought MAKEUP!!! WOW...:rolleyes: :frown:

Good luck :smile:
Reply 19
yeah, i use this stuff called PanOxyl which has benzoyl peroxide in it. Worked quite well; i used to be rather spotty and it's all cleared up. That said, I do get the occasional few, but I swear by that stuf. It's more of a long term fix though, takes about 2 months to work properly. You don't need a prescription and it varies in strength, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 depending, but start with the lowest cos it'll irritate ur skin at first. Hope that helped. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending