The Student Room Group

Which University? xxxx

I was just wondering if anyone would help me my university choices

I wanted to do Business or Management at University and was thinking about applying to the following Universities

Bath

KCL

Nottingham

Aston

City

Warwick?

Do you think these ar slightly far fetched i mean should i put some other universities fr like insurane what are your opinions?

Are these universities good for Business?

Thank you very much guys, i know you didnt have to reply to this and i appreciate your time and thought take care xxxxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
sorry my spelling was terrible then xxxx

are* for* insurance*

:smile:
Reply 2
I think it is a good set of choices. Aston and Nottingham could be classed as 'insurance' as they only ask for ABB. However, the one people always mention in this situation is Durham (which asks for BBC)...think of that what you will...
Reply 3
Include some easier unis as competition for those unis are high and you also dont have very acedemic subjects.
Reply 4
Those are excellent universities; the most competitive one being Warwick.
Reply 5
How come the entrance grades for Durham (BBC) are so low (lower than universities on par with it)?
Reply 6
Are you applying for the BBA at Bath? It's a brilliant course and for a time it was my number one choice!
Reply 7
J4ME5
How come the entrance grades for Durham (BBC) are so low (lower than universities on par with it)?

Because
they have a huge quota and can be lenient
it's on the Queen's campus not in city of Durham
the 1995 RAE assessment was bad but 2008 will be excellent

However, loads of people on the course have AAA or AAB in traditional academic subjects and many are from private school.
Reply 8
Do you think these universities are too good for me ?

Im predicted AAAA, with my AS results being AAAb

I like bath and KCL xx

Two of my subjects are very academic! what easier universities do you recommend then?
Reply 9
If you are predicted straight A's, you have a good chance of getting into any of those, regardless of the Double Business. The easier one mentioned before was Durham...
Reply 10
i dont really want to go to durham lol

I want to go to one of the those universities maybe i will swap warwick for durham, warwick could be simply a pipedream !:frown:
Reply 11
Remember though that the undergraduate business courses at Durham are based at stockton on tees!
Reply 12
Isnt business studies a black listed subject now?
Reply 13
Warwick is not a pipedream...! You are predicted AAAA! Pleeeease don't drop it :p:
Reply 14
v2006
Isnt business studies a black listed subject now?

At some universities it is...I know its definitely on LSE'S and oxbridge's black list.
Reply 15
That doesn't mean you shouldn't apply if you do Business Studies.

Universities will only reject you if 2 out of your 3 subjects are blacklist (eg. Business + Media + Physics would be rejected automatically)
Reply 16

By all means apply!I did A Level Business Studies .
Reply 17
Is Philosophy and ethics a proper subject? Sorry i dont know as they dont offer it in my school
Reply 18
Yep.
Reply 19
jeezzz! what do you mean a "proper" subject of course it bloody is lol

AKA Religous Studies however, i dont really see it like that as we dont actually study primary religions rather the aspects of philosophers and ethicists, theologies and theodicies

wow! you lot have made me very unconfident now! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending