The Student Room Group

Anyone using ChemNet here?

Hello, just wanted to ask if any 16-18 chemistry students are using RSC's ChemNet website?

Just wanted to ask....seems like hardly anyone uses it :frown:
Original post by zhang-liao
Hello, just wanted to ask if any 16-18 chemistry students are using RSC's ChemNet website?

:hi:

I'm 15 but I've got it! I still need to set stuff up on it though. I was too busy this week. :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by karmacrunch
:hi:

I'm 15 but I've got it! I still need to set stuff up on it though. I was too busy this week. :tongue:

Really!

PM me you're username on ChemNet karmacrunch, I'll add you :biggrin:
I've got an account but I've not really used it. Is there anything useful on it?

Original post by Chlorophile
I've got an account but I've not really used it. Is there anything useful on it?

Same I have an account but haven't done anything on it. I think there's some really good things on there for the Chem Olympiad. Might use it for the Olympiad and the Cambridge Chem Challenge :biggrin:
Reply 5

Its good if you need some advise on Chemistry careers and general information and help as well. hey also update you with different competitions and lectures ran by the Royal Society of Chemistry as well so its worth using it.

According to them, its also something that you can mention on UCAS Personal Statement if you accumulate enough points and achieve a specific status I believe since they provide you a certificate and all.

Every time you do anything on ChemNet, whether it's add a photo, write a discussion, go to an event, help someone with a question, or like a blog you can gain points. You can collect these points to earn our "Reactivity Badges". Once you reach our most reactive badge we will send you a certificate which you can add to your Record of Achievement or CV as well as a small prize. So there is no time to waste. Get scoring those points now!

I'd say use it though :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Magnesium
Same I have an account but haven't done anything on it. I think there's some really good things on there for the Chem Olympiad. Might use it for the Olympiad and the Cambridge Chem Challenge :biggrin:

Oh really? I'm doing the Olympiad again this year, might have a look at ChemNet again then. When is the Olympiad actually?
Really!

PM me you're username on ChemNet karmacrunch, I'll add you :biggrin:

My username comes up as my name/email...? O_o Wait a minute. I'll see. :tongue:
Oh really? I'm doing the Olympiad again this year, might have a look at ChemNet again then. When is the Olympiad actually?

End of January I think :smile: It has some nice worked solutions for past paper questions apparently.
Reply 9

Really you hoping to C3L6 this summer?

I'm hoping to do it and hopefully aspiring to get anything above a silver award since its that difficult...

I don't think application windows have opened just yet, they open sometime nearer to the paper about May or April. :tongue:
Really you hoping to C3L6 this summer?

I'm hoping to do it and hopefully aspiring to get anything above a silver award since its that difficult...

Haha I know, I hear it's really difficult too D:
Haha I know, I hear it's really difficult too D:

Do you regularly participate in the Online Challenge?

Just asking, what's your ChemNet Id?

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest