The Student Room Group

Dating/pursuing girls is like clubbing - boring

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trustmeimlying1
hmm true enough Im sure
but youre a level headed well spoken girl and hes not alone on tsr.

perhaps a thread with advice on such matters wouldnt go astray.

I don;t know if you have noticed I have often given lots of advice on this site for things like this. All I get back is people like RickFloss telling me I am wrong, and telling me what women really want... a bit silly really. It's like I'm wasting my time with people like him, OP probably has some chance left so long as he stops listening to people like Rick. If he wants my advice (or anyone else for that matter) they can feel free to quote me or PM me.

But I've noticed they often ignore the advice (or say it is wrong) and instead only reply to the responses that confirm their bias..hence confirmation bias.
I get it. A challenge can be fun but I do appreciate transparency.
Original post by SophieSmall
I don;t know if you have noticed I have often given lots of advice on this site for things like this. All I get back is people like RickFloss telling me I am wrong, and telling me what women really want... a bit silly really. It's like I'm wasting my time with people like him, OP probably has some chance left so long as he stops listening to people like Rick. If he wants my advice (or anyone else for that matter) they can feel free to quote me or PM me.

But I've noticed they often ignore the advice (or say it is wrong) and instead only reply to the responses that confirm their bias..hence confirmation bias.

well then advise me haha

and if you dont mind could I get your whatsapp or whatnot incase I do end up going interrailing
well then advise me haha

and if you dont mind could I get your whatsapp or whatnot incase I do end up going interrailing

What do you need advise on good sir?
I don;t have whatsapp, I don't do apps :tongue:
Original post by smegma_butty
Sorry, but going without sex sounds awful and depressing to me.

that sounds just as bad to me...

I think as a man you need to live with your sexual desires.control them.
failure to do so leads to rape but also on a lesser scale a lack of self respect as your desperate for sex.

these men I guess have turned to suppressed themselves which doesnt surprise me but I think a happy medium is best.

but yeh if I die a virign I dont care.right now normal decent fun relationships is a lot more important to me.
Original post by le_darkhorse
I'm just sick of it all. Spending my life looking at girls, trying to find girls to have sex with and in some occasions having sex. Then realising that it wasn't that amazing because I was drunk and/or I didn't really fancy her.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I'm in my early twenties but I can't be bothered with it anymore. I can't be bothered trying it with a pretty girl who I don't particularly fancy just so I can get in bed with her. I can't be bothered wining and dining her for 3 months when I know that actually she isn't the type of girl deep down that I would wish to be with.

I don't like 'flirting' or games or whatever. Deep down I would love to be in a relationship with a girl I love and just settled with a nice mature girl. But I have never had a relationship and I can't foresee myself having one. There's too much bull**** to get through before things happen.

I'm tired of texting a girl and then for whatever reason it fizzles out. Why can't it be as simple and straightforward as ' do you like me and want to get to know me better? yes or ****ing no? pronto. coffee it is '. Instead you have to spend ages texting them, thinking how to say things carefully so you are not seeming boring or clingy or this or that. ****ing hell.

I'm just sick of it all like I'm sick of going out and getting wasted on the weekend, so boring. I want to remove myself from this type of society alltogether.

Anyone else feel this way?

With you 100%. I am so jaded towards all of that ****. The thought of flirting especially makes me cringe, it seems so 'teenage' to me now. I've been in a relationship for more than a year now and I shudder at the thought of it coming to an end and having to participate in that bull**** again.
What do you need advise on good sir?
I don;t have whatsapp, I don't do apps :tongue:

everything.the dating world in your mind and how to "win"

well then your phone number dear :biggrin:
Become an anarchist.
everything.the dating world in your mind and how to "win"

well then your phone number dear :biggrin:

How to win, first of you need to find a girl you're compatible with. No point pining after a girl you have nothing in common with, have completely different personalities and sense of humour and such. Whilst I acknowledge sometimes opposites can be in relationships it makes it a lot harder.

Cannae be posting that on here, can PM you my facebook
Reply 69
Original post by smegma_butty
Cool. I consider that whole movement and the MRA movement kinda sad to be honest, but each to their own.

I'm not an MRA so that's alright, not sure what's sad about being a MGTOW, I still sleep with girls and meet plenty of them, I just don't let them control my life or make me pay for everything.

if you could prove to me that all my assumptions are wrong then i would gladly believe what you believe in

GLADLY

i am not being sarcastic, and i will never ever stick to a viewpoint if i am presented with enough evidence to the contrary
Original post by rickfloss
if you could prove to me that all my assumptions are wrong then i would gladly believe what you believe in

GLADLY

i am not being sarcastic, and i will never ever stick to a viewpoint if i am presented with enough evidence to the contrary

What kind of proof would you need? I know I cannot speak for all women, but I can speak for myself as a woman and I find what you are saying to be nonsense.
Original post by Infan2a
I'm not an MRA so that's alright, not sure what's sad about being a MGTOW, I still sleep with girls and meet plenty of them, I just don't let them control my life or make me pay for everything.

Cool, glad to hear it.
What kind of proof would you need? I know I cannot speak for all women, but I can speak for myself as a woman and I find what you are saying to be nonsense.

Firstly, how would a man with little to no social contact ( there are a lot like us) be able to find a woman without suffering days/weeks of rejection. Now, i understand that some rejection is fine, but how can i ever see a woman that says yes as actually wanting me for a relationship, and not some pity ****?

Do you know anyone who has come from forever alone to being able to date a reasonable number of women he desires?

I see very very few "success" stories, even on the self-improvement sites, like i would count the number of men who have successfully been able to date vs still alone after 1 year of improvement a ratio of slightly less than 1 in 10

Also, how does a man like me rewire his brain to stop hating women? my psychologist barely understands why i am like this
How to win, first of you need to find a girl you're compatible with. No point pining after a girl you have nothing in common with, have completely different personalities and sense of humour and such. Whilst I acknowledge sometimes opposites can be in relationships it makes it a lot harder.

Cannae be posting that on here, can PM you my facebook

agreed.how to find such girl though:? and maybe our ideal girls are out of our leagues..what then:?
Original post by rickfloss
Firstly, how would a man with little to no social contact ( there are a lot like us) be able to find a woman without suffering days/weeks of rejection. Now, i understand that some rejection is fine, but how can i ever see a woman that says yes as actually wanting me for a relationship, and not some pity ****?

Do you know anyone who has come from forever alone to being able to date a reasonable number of women he desires?

I see very very few "success" stories, even on the self-improvement sites, like i would count the number of men who have successfully been able to date vs still alone after 1 year of improvement a ratio of slightly less than 1 in 10

Also, how does a man like me rewire his brain to stop hating women? my psychologist barely understands why i am like this

Well for starters leave the house. You cannot blame women when you are not leaving the house. Rejection is hard yes, I have had it. But you will get no success if you don't try. Work on your self confidence, rejection won;t be anywhere near as painful if you are confident.

And stop taking notice of all the other people who don't seem to be getting anywhere, all it is doing it making you feel like you're situation is helpless. It is pointless to look at other people doing badly.

Thought you didn't hate women? :wink:

For starters to stop hating women you need to identify all the reasons why you hate women, then logically think about whether your reasons are justified or if they are down to your warped view of the world or from your own short comings and lack of self confidence.

We all have faults, so don't get down about that. But don't focus entirely on your faults either, you already know it is getting you nowhere.
agreed.how to find such girl though:? and maybe our ideal girls are out of our leagues..what then:?

Well you've got to get out there and meet people, at societies at uni or at sports meets, friends of friends ect.

And I also do no believe in leagues. I find all they do is make people feel like they are worthless.
Well you've got to get out there and meet people, at societies at uni or at sports meets, friends of friends ect.

And I also do no believe in leagues. I find all they do is make people feel like they are worthless.

Very well.

I understand.so a guy should go after any girl he wishes?
Very well.

I understand.so a guy should go after any girl he wishes?

Yeah, why the hell not? Unless she has a boyfriend or something or has stated she is not interested.
Original post by le_darkhorse
I'm just sick of it all. Spending my life looking at girls, trying to find girls to have sex with and in some occasions having sex. Then realising that it wasn't that amazing because I was drunk and/or I didn't really fancy her.

Maybe I'm just getting old. I'm in my early twenties but I can't be bothered with it anymore. I can't be bothered trying it with a pretty girl who I don't particularly fancy just so I can get in bed with her. I can't be bothered wining and dining her for 3 months when I know that actually she isn't the type of girl deep down that I would wish to be with.

I don't like 'flirting' or games or whatever. Deep down I would love to be in a relationship with a girl I love and just settled with a nice mature girl. But I have never had a relationship and I can't foresee myself having one. There's too much bull**** to get through before things happen.

I'm tired of texting a girl and then for whatever reason it fizzles out. Why can't it be as simple and straightforward as ' do you like me and want to get to know me better? yes or ****ing no? pronto. coffee it is '. Instead you have to spend ages texting them, thinking how to say things carefully so you are not seeming boring or clingy or this or that. ****ing hell.

I'm just sick of it all like I'm sick of going out and getting wasted on the weekend, so boring. I want to remove myself from this type of society alltogether.

Anyone else feel this way?

Pro solution:

Do other things. Find others means to entertain yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending