The Student Room Group

In love with my guy friend but I hate him at the same time..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Me confessing my feelings to him is like ugly betty confessing her feelings for ryan gosling. I am 100% sure he doesn't feel the same way. Plus his best mate is also my best mate which means things will become verrrry awkward. I really need to get over him but every time I feel as if I am he'll text me or hug me and it'll all come back.

Could you not draw your attention to something else? Yeah the guy could be cute but learn to see him in a different light, just a friend? Admit to yourself that a friend is all he ever could be (unless you're willing to confess). Otherwise you'll be forever wondering what if... and it is that wondering that makes the feelings worse. Only you know the situation and what's best for you but for sure you can't just avoid him without reason especially when you're close!
Reply 21
Original post by Jennie027
I wouldn't want to lose a good friend though.
It is a hard decision to call whether you confess or not but OP cannot stay in the limbo state they're in. You can't live your life ignoring someone - it could make them feel like they've done wrong too.

You wouldn't, but a decision has to be made. I was willing to end it, my heart wasn't in a good state and I was constantly trying to lie to myself that him being friendly meant that he liked me. A mess!

Idk, confessing isn't that easy at all. And she (I'm going to pick a gender for writing ease) also said that she is sure he doesn't like her, so all the more reasons. I am not one to think that confessing might always be a solution, it just doesn't work for everything. :smile: Ehhh, not life. They get the message after a while.
Original post by iama
You wouldn't, but a decision has to be made. I was willing to end it, my heart wasn't in a good state and I was constantly trying to lie to myself that him being friendly meant that he liked me. A mess!

Idk, confessing isn't that easy at all. And she (I'm going to pick a gender for writing ease) also said that she is sure he doesn't like her, so all the more reasons. I am not one to think that confessing might always be a solution, it just doesn't work for everything. :smile: Ehhh, not life. They get the message after a while.

Confessing isn't always the solution and I wasn't trying to say it will all work out perfectly. At least though they'll both know where they stand and he won't feel like he's just being avoided for no reason. If she (OP) is best friends with his best friend then that could be awkward too if she cuts her ties. There are pros and cons for both and I don't think anyone can give the right answer - just solutions and suggestions. I agree though a decision has to be made at some point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending