The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

London School Of Economics... Advice

I'm an aspiring Lse student. In fact, I'm dying to go there. And I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

1. What GCSE and Alevel grades would I need

2. What are the easiest courses to get into

3. What are the most competitive courses to get into?

4. What joint honours course would you suggest for an aspiring CEO?
Reply 1
1. A fantastic personal statement and usually A*AA at A-Levels (38 points at IB) (check the website for individual courses)

2 & 3: all courses are hard to get into. I won't tell you the exact percentages because I don't know. Apply to a course you actually want to do and are interested in- anything else would be foolish. (In 2012 IR was something like 1 in 28 people).

Source: I am at LSE
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Rabia.Nishat
I'm an aspiring Lse student. In fact, I'm dying to go there. And I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

1. What GCSE and Alevel grades would I need

2. What are the easiest courses to get into

3. What are the most competitive courses to get into?

4. What joint honours course would you suggest for an aspiring CEO?

1. Already answered.

2. BA/BSc Social Anthropology.

3. BSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics.

4. Depends on what kind of company you would like to be a CEO of.
(edited 9 years ago)
1) Well I have a conditional offer for AAB Social Anthropology but I think you'd generally need AAA-A*AA grades. I was predicted A*A*A so... I also have 2A*s, 3As and 3Bs at GCSE (English Lit and Lang, Maths, Bio, Chem, RS, German, Graphic Design). But generally they want higher results than I got (I have extenuating circumstances).

2) In terms of grades I'd guess probably Social Anthropology, but it depends where your strengths are. If you're a maths type who is taking all science and maths subjects you're probably worse off than someone doing History, Geography and French for example for that course. Go for what you enjoy.

3) Probably stuff like economics and law as they are LSE's strengths.

4) Perhaps economics and maths? Or http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2015/appliedStatisticsAndActuarialScience/G0N0_BSc_BMS.aspx
Or http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degreeProgrammes2015/appliedStatisticsAndActuarialScience/G3N3_BSc_StatFn.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending