The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It's been over 4 years since I filled one in. What is on page 3?

You can fill in a demonstration form on the CAO website here:
http://websr3.cao.ie/index.php?page=viewChangeDemo
I'm not sure if that will help much. If you could give more detail I might be able to help.
Reply 2
sorry page 4 its says futher details what exacly i suppose to write ?
Reply 3
Do you need AS grades to apply to CAO? I didn't claim any and I'm resitting a few modules.
Reply 4
Neringa
sorry page 4 its says futher details what exacly i suppose to write ?

Further details is anything you believe you should tell them that you haven't already. Or for any other details you think may be important. If this isn't the case, leave it blank.

Do you need AS grades to apply to CAO? I didn't claim any and I'm resitting a few modules.
Are you doing 4 A level subjects? If so then don't worry about AS. If not then I'd advise you correct your omission of your AS subject. In reality though you really should be doing 4 A levels if you want a fair shot at competing for courses against irish leaving cert students.
Reply 5
ApeXaviour
Further details is anything you believe you should tell them that you haven't already. Or for any other details you think may be important. If this isn't the case, leave it blank.

Are you doing 4 A level subjects? If so then don't worry about AS. If not then I'd advise you correct your omission of your AS subject. In reality though you really should be doing 4 A levels if you want a fair shot at competing for courses against irish leaving cert students.

I am doing 4 + General studoes? Will general studies make it 5?

Cause I'm predicted AAAB and an A in general studies, could I in theory replace the B with general studies?
Reply 6
lukeitfc
I am doing 4 + General studoes? Will general studies make it 5?

Cause I'm predicted AAAB and an A in general studies, could I in theory replace the B with general studies?

Is general studies an AS level? If so do not replace the B with it. AAAB is 580 points of a maximum 600 and an average about 300. 580 is equivalent to the top 2% of Irish school leavers. With AAAa ("a" being an A in AS level) you will only have 510 points.
Reply 7
ApeXaviour
Is general studies an AS level? If so do not replace the B with it. AAAB is 580 points of a maximum 600 and an average about 300. 580 is equivalent to the top 2% of Irish school leavers. With AAAa ("a" being an A in AS level) you will only have 510 points.

General studies is a full A-level, but the grade will be higher than my politics(B). It's just a case of whether or not they accepy general studies.
Reply 8
ApeXaviour

actually, TCD are 'equalising' their points... so AAAa changes from 510 to 450-460. BUT if you have AAAD you get 465-475

Which means that I probably wont get into BESS... just because I couldnt carry on with my superfluous AS level :frown: All I hope is that the look at my subjects, not just the grades, heh.
Reply 9
sizjam
actually, TCD are 'equalising' their points... so AAAa changes from 510 to 450-460. BUT if you have AAAD you get 465-475

Which means that I probably wont get into BESS... just because I couldnt carry on with my superfluous AS level :frown: All I hope is that the look at my subjects, not just the grades, heh.

It's for 2007-8 that they're equalising afaik.

And we're the 2006-7 round of entry. I think and hope.
Reply 10
Equlisation does NOT affect anyone applying this year:smile:
Reply 11
paddylad

Which is what I was trying to say, albeit in a very long winded and hard to understand way :P
Reply 12
paddylad

omg, really? HI FIVE! :biggrin: i have enogh points for BESS :biggrin: thanks a lot monsieurs paddylad et lukeitfc :smile:
Reply 13
sizjam
omg, really? HI FIVE! :biggrin: i have enogh points for BESS :biggrin: thanks a lot monsieurs paddylad et lukeitfc :smile:

Je vous en prie. :wink:
Reply 14
have another question if i already have my grades and they hight enought to get in in my selected course, when i gonna get offer ?? is it still the same as those who still doing leaving cert which means on August ?? or maybe earler ?? :wink:
August. They have to see what the points will be then, it depends on the number and grades of the applicants.
Reply 16
thats strange :rolleyes: its sooo different than ucas
Neringa
thats strange :rolleyes: its sooo different than ucas

Yes. Yes it is

Latest

Trending

Trending