The Student Room Group

Nuffield Research Placements 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
Original post by AbiB12
Oh okay.. I hope so as I don't know anyone thats going.. I have a placement at Cranfield University in their water sciences institute, doing some chemistry experiments on water.. I'm really excited about it.. What's your placement on??

Drug research affecting synaptic transmission in the brain (relating to neurodegenerative disorders) :h:
Reply 741
Original post by Neuth
Drug research affecting synaptic transmission in the brain (relating to neurodegenerative disorders) :h:

Cool, that sounds really interesting :h:
Reply 742
Original post by AbiB12
Cool, that sounds really interesting :h:

I think so too :h:
Original post by Neuth

Which region are you in?
My placement is 1hr 20 minutes away from me.

I am In Kent/Medway and got the placement at the Medway school of pharmacy. I don't even know if it will a biomedical placement which is what I put down :/ I checked online though and the university of Kent is just as far away from me so I guess theres nothing I can do. I haven't been told my project title either. What region are you in?
Original post by Nisr123
I rejected my first placement offer simply because I wasnt interested in it and they just offered me another one, so i dont think it would be a big deal. However I am from London so there might be more opportunities here so its easier to find placements that are close. You can reject it but offer to try and find your own while they are also looking for one for you and email a few people at universities or hospitals in your area.

Yeah I just moved to Kent from London which is a bit of a pain because there are so few opportunities compared to London. Like I was so close to so many universities and hospitals.
I would send out some emails I just don't know where to send them to that would be any closer. It really sucks! I guess i'm going to have to do some research haha.
Reply 745
Original post by hollygc123
I am In Kent/Medway and got the placement at the Medway school of pharmacy. I don't even know if it will a biomedical placement which is what I put down :/ I checked online though and the university of Kent is just as far away from me so I guess theres nothing I can do. I haven't been told my project title either. What region are you in?

Awh, that's a shame :frown:
Hey, you got a placement though! Ask your coordinator what it's on?

I'm in Greater London and Surrey :yep:
Original post by Neuth
Awh, that's a shame :frown:
Hey, you got a placement though! Ask your coordinator what it's on?

I'm in Greater London and Surrey :yep:

Yeah i'm pretty excited! :smile: she said there is further information to follow shortly so I won't bug her until then XD
I don't know how to turn it down if i don't like it though haha
January 2013 Q 3Bii) Instead of using the Vout equation, I worked the answer out using ratios - like how much voltage from the total supply will pass through x resistor etc and thats basically it. But int he mark scheme it says they should not award 3/3 marks if false ratios are given even though the answer is correct... Is my method really using false ratios?
Reply 748
Original post by Angelo12231
January 2013 Q 3Bii) Instead of using the Vout equation, I worked the answer out using ratios - like how much voltage from the total supply will pass through x resistor etc and thats basically it. But int he mark scheme it says they should not award 3/3 marks if false ratios are given even though the answer is correct... Is my method really using false ratios?

I think you've posted in the wrong place :redface:
Original post by Neuth
I think you've posted in the wrong place :redface:

:colondollar:
Oh lord.
Is there anyone in east anglia who has a placement??
Reply 751
Quick question for those with confirmed placements:
Has your application page updated at all?
Original post by Neuth

What do you mean?
Reply 753
Original post by Malayika
What do you mean?

Can you upload things and are there different sections or is it still on the "Application status: Complete" thing with all of your application details?
Original post by Neuth

No, mine hasn't, I don't think my supervisor created the page for my placement.

I was thinking that I would get to do that when I actually start.
Reply 755
Original post by stump-y
No, mine hasn't, I don't think my supervisor created the page for my placement.

I was thinking that I would get to do that when I actually start.

Ah, okay :h:

I was just checking - I'm not really sure what to expect.
Reply 756
Original post by Jasminecj
Is there anyone in east anglia who has a placement??

Me!!! Where is yours at?
Original post by Neuth
Can you upload things and are there different sections or is it still on the "Application status: Complete" thing with all of your application details?

Oh no, its still on Application status: Complete
Is it supposed to change?
Reply 758

I think so... there's a point when we're meant to be able to upload things to it.
Original post by Neuth
I think so... there's a point when we're meant to be able to upload things to it.

I contacted the assistant admin who changed the system :smile: S/he should hopefully get back to you and the system should change

Quick Reply

Latest