The Student Room Group

Why are year 7's so cocky nowadays

Why do year 7's act like they own the school and try and insult or start on the higher years. When I was in year 7 I kept my head down when I went past the higher years,now they insult us. I am so close to throwing one of them in the pond. Any theories on why year 7's have got so cocky? I blame geordie shore.

Scroll to see replies

Because some of 'em are just little ****s I guess :dontknow:
Reply 2
Yeh its funny they're like half my height. Maybe they're tryna impress the ladies :date:
It's ridiculous. I was so close in banging one of the year 7 boy's head into a locker. I'm not even joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Oh, it's so bad at my school! (We call them Year 8's, by the way, Northern Ireland :smile: )
I think parenting is changing. My school has only been around for 17 years, but it is common in my year for you to be the youngest of a big family and all your brothers and sisters have been at the school before you. It's becoming less of the case in recent years. Those first year parents are younger than our parents and they are way more relaxed at the whole parenting gig, so the first years come into school and act like wee sh*ts.
lol, why not eh?
rather that then them being scared or picked on by the year 11s.
Reply 6
Ah, the beauty of being in a Sixth Form College :u:
Reply 7
Original post by intelligent con
Why do year 7's act like they own the school and try and insult or start on the higher years. When I was in year 7 I kept my head down when I went past the higher years,now they insult us. I am so close to throwing one of them in the pond. Any theories on why year 7's have got so cocky? I blame geordie shore.

they always have been. just you weren't one of the cocky ones.

there are shy year 7's just you don't notice them

sort of like you only notice the planes that crash never the planes that land thing...
Oh my

I thought it was just the year 7s at my school

The annoying little buggers, running around everywhere with their massive bags
In my school it is because of vertical tutoring :angry:
the respect that older years used to get has just gone
Original post by anonymouspie227
lol, why not eh?
rather that then them being scared or picked on by the year 11s.
They should be scared of being picked on. Maybe then they would learn their place and show some respect
Year 7's have always been cocky.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Year 7's have always been cocky.
They're far worse now though. I never remember anyone in my year starting on 16 year olds or asking girls to lift their skirt up
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Afghan Warrior
It's ridiculous. I was so close in banging one of the year 7 boy's head into a locker. I'm not even joking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Misread that at first
They're far worse now though. I never remember anyone in my year starting on 16 year olds or asking girls to lift their skirt up

Oh, I do. And it was 11 years ago.

Can't really say I feel the same in my school, I like Year 7s. I helped out in our school's KS3 STEM club and the Year 7s were always the nicest. Year 8s and 9s were less nice, but I never had any problems with the Year 7s. They were always very polite and so enthusiastic!
Reply 16
It's not just them being cocky, they seem to think it's okay to STARE at you all the time. Like in the canteen there's always some year 7 or 8 staring while I'm trying to have a conversation with my friend and eat, makes me so self concious and I'm in year 13! :angry:

Sometimes I look back at them with a 'what the hell do you think you're looking at' look but most of the time I'm too embarrassed to look back at them incase they don't look away and we get caught in a staring match.

And then those little year 7s who think it's okay to grab a computer at lunch time and play games, like excuse me there are some older students here who actually need computers to STUDY. Oh and when you leave your computer unattended for a minute to pop to the loo and then you come back and some annoying person has taken it. Piss off seriously.

Okay rant over.
yup I think its just our generation today I am growing up in it but not acting like a little s**t like on of them
one said (read in squeaky voice) "you look like a ****ing farmer" I just laughed at him I mean WTF man how is that bad
Original post by expanddong
yup I think its just our generation today I am growing up in it but not acting like a little s**t like on of them
one said (read in squeaky voice) "you look like a ****ing farmer" I just laughed at him I mean WTF man how is that bad

I usually don't approve of "your mum" jokes but that was the perfect set up for "You mean because I ploughed your mum last night?"
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
I usually don't approve of "your mum" jokes but that was the perfect set up for "You mean because I ploughed your mum last night?"

Hahaha yes that's great but same here I don't approve of them as well

Latest

Trending

Trending