The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Nursing and Midwifery Applicants 2015

Hey everyone, seeing as nursing and midwifery are pretty closely related I thought it'd be good to hear how everyone's getting on!

Has anyone heard back from Napier about interviews or the like yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I just sent off my application today so haven't heard anything back yet.
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Hey I applied to do children's nursing but still haven't heard back and its been roughly 1 month! :frown: ...What has everyone else applied for?
Original post by ollynicky
Hey I applied to do children's nursing but still haven't heard back and its been roughly 1 month! :frown: ...What has everyone else applied for?

Oh hi again Olly! I wouldn't worry too much until after the actual ucas deadline (5th of January I think?) hopefully you'll hear back around then! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I've received conformation emails from all of my choices but nothing else yet
I've applied for Adult Nursing but I haven't heard anything back yet!
Reply 6
I have applied for adult nursing. :smile:
Reply 7
Applied for Midwifery 2015/16 at Edinburgh Napier. Still not had anything from them other than confirmation that they received my application. within a few days of submitting to UCAS. Napier tend not to give anyone an offer of interview or rejection until after the UCAS cut off point.

Good luck everyone!
Original post by HanzHarv
Applied for Midwifery 2015/16 at Edinburgh Napier. Still not had anything from them other than confirmation that they received my application. within a few days of submitting to UCAS. Napier tend not to give anyone an offer of interview or rejection until after the UCAS cut off point.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck to you too! Edinburgh Napier tend to be making everyone wait! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone :smile:

I've applied to child nursing and have had a confirmation email but nothing else so far. I have friends that have previously studied nursing/midwifery at Napier and they didn't hear back until quite a bit later so I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything yet :smile: I'm 21 and actually went to Napier aged 18 to study something else that turned out not to be for me - is everyone else here applying straight out of school or are there any other "mature" students? x
Original post by ArabellaBoo

I've applied to child nursing and have had a confirmation email but nothing else so far. I have friends that have previously studied nursing/midwifery at Napier and they didn't hear back until quite a bit later so I wouldn't worry about not hearing anything yet :smile: I'm 21 and actually went to Napier aged 18 to study something else that turned out not to be for me - is everyone else here applying straight out of school or are there any other "mature" students? x

Hey there good luck on your application!....I too have applied for children's nursing and have only had conformation emails! I'm 19 so not straight from college! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, good luck to you too! :smile: Oh cool, have you applied anywhere else? X
Thanks, good luck to you too! :smile: Oh cool, have you applied anywhere else? X

Hey yes, I've applied for Napier of course! And - Teesside, Cumbria, Huddersfield and Bradford!...And yourself? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just Napier actually, it may sound daft to only apply to one place but my other half and I have a house in Edinburgh and his job and our other commitments are here so it doesn't make sense to move away if we can avoid it, so REALLY hoping to get accepted! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just Napier actually, it may sound daft to only apply to one place but my other half and I have a house in Edinburgh and his job and our other commitments are here so it doesn't make sense to move away if we can avoid it, so REALLY hoping to get accepted! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see, yep it sounds best to try and stick there! I'm flexible to travel anywhere! I'm sure you'll get accepted! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I moved for uni first time round, that's how I ended up here haha :smile: Thanks, I hope you're right, I'm sure you will too! Have you heard back from any of your other choices? x
Reply 16

Yeah, I've also heard they take a wee while to reply! And I am in 6th year right now so hopefully I will be going straight into to nursing :smile:
I moved for uni first time round, that's how I ended up here haha :smile: Thanks, I hope you're right, I'm sure you will too! Have you heard back from any of your other choices? x

Haha I see, did you like the uni? Yes I've had an interview at Teesside and Bradford and have one for Huddersfield next month! Just waiting for Cumbria and Napier! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck May-z :smile:

Yeah I loved napier, it's a great uni, the campuses are great and the societies and clubs are fantastic, I was a member of dance and still have some involvement with them now 2 years after leaving my first course. I don't know a huge amount about the nursing/midwifery teaching staff but my friends haven't had a bad word to say about them :smile:

Oh wow that's exciting! How did your other interviews go? X
Good luck May-z :smile:

Yeah I loved napier, it's a great uni, the campuses are great and the societies and clubs are fantastic, I was a member of dance and still have some involvement with them now 2 years after leaving my first course. I don't know a huge amount about the nursing/midwifery teaching staff but my friends haven't had a bad word to say about them :smile:

Oh wow that's exciting! How did your other interviews go? X

Oh thats cool how your still involved with them now! It looks lovely and Edinburgh seems a cool place to study! What was you first course in? If you dont mind me asking?

It is like itll be better when ive heard back from all of them haha!....And they went really good, well i think they went really good anyway ha! X

Quick Reply

Latest