The Student Room Group

Muslims girls: advice please

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indian_Princess
Maybe approach her friend and inquire about her? That's if her friend seems more approachable. If not, you'll have to do some digging and find out who her parents are and go straight to them instead.

Her friend doesn't seem more approachable. She also seems to stick to girls when socializing too. I haven't seen either of them that much as University is such a big environment. And I won't see this girl until after exams as the University semester ended last week.

I really don't think it's possible for me to find out who her parents are without speaking to her.
Original post by Anonymous
Well my home language is Gujarati/Hindi, and hers is Arabic.

Hope she / her parents don't think that Arabi > Ajami.
Her friend doesn't seem more approachable. She also seems to stick to girls when socializing too. I haven't seen either of them that much as University is such a big environment. And I won't see this girl until after exams as the University semester ended last week.

I really don't think it's possible for me to find out who her parents are without speaking to her.

Are you sure she's arab or are you just saying that based on how she looks? Some asians look very arab
Original post by tammie123
Are you sure she's arab or are you just saying that based on how she looks? Some asians look very arab

They're all brown so the same thing.

Just joking :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously op just get to know her and maybe take her out maybe on a date or even try a study session with her with only you 2.
Try to get her phone number and start talking with her or ask her if she'd like to meet
Original post by goobypls
They're all brown so the same thing.

Just joking :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Seriously op just get to know her and maybe take her out maybe on a date or even try a study session with her with only you 2.

loool racism :tongue: arabs tend to be white though

he's religious so dating is probably not an option for him
loool racism :tongue: arabs tend to be white though

he's religious so dating is probably not an option for him

Tbf I'm a Muslim and would go on a date with someone don't see anything wrong with it.
Tbf I'm a Muslim and would go on a date with someone don't see anything wrong with it.

If I met the right person I would too, but I'm not that religious, but the OP from his previous posts seems to be.
If I met the right person I would too, but I'm not that religious, but the OP from his previous posts seems to be.

Shhhh if the isoc hear us they'll go nuts again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Enoxial
Hope she / her parents don't think that Arabi > Ajami.

I doubt that she will think like that. If anyone holds these views, it seems to be the older generation. So I hope her parents don't think like that. It really is quite disappointing when people hold that mentality, especially within Muslims as we are not permitted to think like that in Islam.

I don't see many people in our generation that think like this though.
Shhhh if the isoc hear us they'll go nuts again :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

haha true can't be too careful :tongue:

Yes I am sure that she is Arab. I know which country she is orignally from too but I don't want to say it on here.

I guess a few asians do look a bit Arab. A few of the Pakistanis from North Pakistan do. Indians don't really look Arab though. (I don't anyway)
haha true can't be too careful :tongue:

Trolling them can be funny at times.

Or if you go in there and say i love music they go mental :biggrin::biggrin:
(It's true though i love my music)

I see it as wrong which is why I don't want to ever get into it because I don't think it's worth it. Some of my friends who used to be like that before starting to practice have said it's not worth it too, and I agree with them.
I see it as wrong which is why I don't want to ever get into it because I don't think it's worth it. Some of my friends who used to be like that before starting to practice have said it's not worth it too, and I agree with them.

Well I'm the complete opposite i would go on a date because i don't see anything wrong with it.
Well I'm the complete opposite i would go on a date because i don't see anything wrong with it.

And I'm not stopping you. You can do what you want.
I honestly don't think I can do that. I don't want to give the wrong impression to her friend and I really don't think it's suitable to e-mail the girls on that society. I do know one guy who knows her through work related matters and I guess I could discuss it with him. He's one of my friends that I speak to a lot so I'll be really shy and embarrassed to start mentioning this in front of him.

Thanks for the advice.

Okay I guess that's your only option now then. But firstly you will have to overcome the problem of discussing this with HIM, and then he has to overcome the problem of mentioning it to HER! >_< lol Pray istikhaarah like someone suggested insha'Allah as this is not smthing to be taken light-heartedly and ask Allah to make a way for you. Hope you find a solution soon insha'Allah but talking to this mutual friend/acquaintance of you both seems like reasonably the best idea on the table at the moment.
Original post by knataschah.p
Okay I guess that's your only option now then. But firstly you will have to overcome the problem of discussing this with HIM, and then he has to overcome the problem of mentioning it to HER! >_< lol Pray istikhaarah like someone suggested insha'Allah as this is not smthing to be taken light-heartedly and ask Allah to make a way for you. Hope you find a solution soon insha'Allah but talking to this mutual friend/acquaintance of you both seems like reasonably the best idea on the table at the moment.

I think if I take that path then the main thing is for me is to overcome the problem of discussing this with him. I just feel it would be so awkward and embarrassing if I mention this out of the blue to him.
Thank you, I will pray it in sha Allah.
I'm a Muslim girl, if a guy was interested in me then I would prefer it if he didnt talk about marriage in the first conversation..just be yourself and talk in a friendly way and her reaction would indicate if she seemed interested in you or not. Just be confident and go for it.
(edited 9 years ago)
I think you should firstly speak to your parents and let them know that you're feelings it'll be best of speaking to your mum as you know boys are usually close with their mums anyways, i think you should let your mum know and then see if your mum could speak to her family in some way so there's no such haram communication going on ygm?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending