The Student Room Group

How can I stop procrastinating?? Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically I know I have 2 pieces of coursework that are really important, I need to catch up on modules I'm behind on and I should be applying for university but I find myself wasting so much time! :frown:
I set myself clear objectives today and I haven't done any of them, instead I've watched like 5 Dr Who episodes (not even particularly good ones) , went for a walk and now I'm on here! The whole time I've had tabs open on the work I just can't get started! Please if you have any tips or tricks you use that might help, share your secrets with me!!
Thank you in advance <3 x
You might have anxiety disorder causing you to avoid work (and extra stress involved by doing it). I had this problem but took me 18 years for someone to diagnose it! It gets worse as it gets older as it is harder to cope with regular things.
I've got the same issues too! But it's all normal.. Just turn the T.V off, (that includes BBC Iplayer) only open tabs relative to work and get going once you start you cannot stop :smile:
Can I get a doctor's note for anxiety disorder?

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are a couple of things on www.keweipress.com that might help you.

1. "You too can study more easily: tips for dummies and others" (free)

2. "Procrastination, Motivation and You" - for the Kindle (£1.80)

You could check out either or both.

Hope you manage to solve your problem.
Original post by Rainbow_Moon
Posted from TSR Mobile

Basically I know I have 2 pieces of coursework that are really important, I need to catch up on modules I'm behind on and I should be applying for university but I find myself wasting so much time! :frown:
I set myself clear objectives today and I haven't done any of them, instead I've watched like 5 Dr Who episodes (not even particularly good ones) , went for a walk and now I'm on here! The whole time I've had tabs open on the work I just can't get started! Please if you have any tips or tricks you use that might help, share your secrets with me!!
Thank you in advance <3 x

Is it because you're deep down confused about some aspect of the work, is it not as straightforward? I feel like i procrastinate when i get muddled up and i can't carry on working till i get past the problem. It's like once you sort the issue/misunderstanding out, then everything's a smooth road from there and you gain momentum and carry on working with ease.
Not sure if you can get a doctor's note for AD but i'm not sure why you would need one. There are counsellors who help people with AD. Particularly CBT therapists are scientifically proven to help. More info: http://www.adaa.org/
Spend a whole day just thinking about what will happen if you don't send the coursework in and what will happen if you don't go to uni! It definitely motivates me hahahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending