The Student Room Group

Can you retake a qualification you already did in 2012?

I took a French GCSE in June 2012 and achieved an A (a disastrous reading paper where I got a C dashed all my dreams of an A* sadly) well I'm living in France at the moment and my French has improved tremendously. I actually went and re-did the Reading paper that I took in Year 11 and had a C in an this time around I scored an A*. Anyway my question is, can I sit my French GCSE again (say on a different exam board or even on the same one) or do I just have to live with my A and do an AS Level in it instead?
Reply 1
You can re-do it, but there's not much point. You would need to pay for the papers - some people have found it's around £200 per module but you may be able to find it cheaper. You may be able to sit them at your previous school, but if not you can find centres that accept private candidates on the exam board websites.
Reply 2
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
I took a French GCSE in June 2012 and achieved an A (a disastrous reading paper where I got a C dashed all my dreams of an A* sadly) well I'm living in France at the moment and my French has improved tremendously. I actually went and re-did the Reading paper that I took in Year 11 and had a C in an this time around I scored an A*. Anyway my question is, can I sit my French GCSE again (say on a different exam board or even on the same one) or do I just have to live with my A and do an AS Level in it instead?

If you can find a centre willing to accept you then yes you can re-sit. You would have to re-sit both exams but you can carry forward the controlled assessment. The entry deadline for the summer is mid February.
Original post by Compost
If you can find a centre willing to accept you then yes you can re-sit. You would have to re-sit both exams but you can carry forward the controlled assessment. The entry deadline for the summer is mid February.

I can carry forward controlled assessments I compelted two years ago (3 by the time the exam comes around)?? Are you sure?

And I don't care about cost but I didn't realise I could just resit the listening and reading I thought Id have to start from scratch
Reply 4
Original post by ChangeOurWorld
I can carry forward controlled assessments I compelted two years ago (3 by the time the exam comes around)?? Are you sure?

Yes.
Original post by Compost
Yes.

I literally love you!

Quick Reply

Latest