The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

how long does it take for postgrad applications?

I am an international applicant and have applied for Masters in public health and it has been 3 weeks but haven't received any response.how long does it generally takes for them to come to a decision?
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Hey kay.t!

I was in the same boat, very worried about mine! Until I spoke to the teacher im doing my volunteer placement with just now (I'm applying for teaching)
Basically the word on the street is that last intake they accepted students before the final ucas submission date, and a lot of people complained that even though they submitted their applications in time the spaces had been filled too early so a lot of folk didn't even get a look in! So they're apparently holding off to make it fair. Which is cool. Still wish they'd get back to me though! =P
Reply 3
but what has postgrad applications got to do with ucas?btw when did you apply?
I had an offer from another university so I contacted the admissions people for my course at Edinburgh and they gave me a quick decision - if you're worried about other applications/deadlines you could try contacting them?
Reply 5
iam an international student so i emailed them twice regarding ielts.The first reply i got was that no unconditional offer would be made without the result which is understandable but i emailed again after around 3 weeks and this another person replied that without the results they will not consider my application which is a bit unfair as i have not heard of any such thing from other universities.
I'm an EU student and I was made an offer for a LLM within three days! But I guess in most cases it'll take longer.. Have you tried calling them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending