The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've got some from boots before, but they're bloody expensive, or maybe I'm just being cheap. But when you can get them free I felt a bit stupid for buying them.

Anyway, when people do buy them in tesco it's fine, they have no reason to be embarrassed. What am I going to think? "Oh my God, what a FREAK, you have sex!!!"

I can never pluck up the courage myself to say "have fun" as they leave, as much as I want to. :frown:
You could also get them free, if you just ask, don't feel embarressed.
Reply 22
I've worked in boots on the pharmacy counter for 2 years and i dont think anything of it when someone buys condoms i'm so used to selling them. The only times i've had to stop myself from laughing uncontrollably is when a couple aged (i'm guessing) between 65 and 70 bought a fun pack :p:
Reply 23
magicbuspass
You could also get them free, if you just ask, don't feel embarressed.

The problem with that is some (or is that all?) clinics make you register or take your details...
Reply 24
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've actually bought some from Lidl before, and they're about £2.70 for 12 of them, and they're pretty bloody good, as condoms go.
Reply 25
Squelchy
I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've actually bought some from Lidl before, and they're about £2.70 for 12 of them, and they're pretty bloody good, as condoms go.

Well, Lidl is cheap in general.
Reply 26
sr4470
Well, Lidl is cheap in general.

And scummy as hell!
Reply 27
Squelchy
And scummy as hell!

Might explain why my nearest one is across the road from a council highrise...
Reply 28
You can buy them online, and then they're not that expensive. Lovehoney have 100 for about £15.
Reply 29
sr4470

Why, I remember back in the day when I used to shop at Asda. Back then, shopping used to mean something. I used to be proud to purchase Asda Smartprice products. Simple and unpretentious, yet I was always impressed with their consistent quality.
Reply 30
sr4470

So is mine!!! :biggrin:
Reply 31
dhutch
Go to uni, you get about 400 free during freashers week!

My draw has plenty of condoms and lube in...didn't pay for any of it, Didn't even ask for any of it!
mates are just as good as durex but virtually half the price. no i dont get embarassed buying condoms. i do wonder what the till tarts think when i get my usual shopping. ready meals, pizza, heaps of junk food, icecream and 2/3 packs of condoms. i guess thats not too abnormal for a student tho
Reply 33
Tesco. I once bought a heap cos i thought they were on 2 for 1, but they weren't so i had to go to customer services and get them refunded. Went bright red.
Reply 34
My bf and I were on our way to his huse to 'do the dirty deed when we stopped by somewhere (probably superdrug) and he got a HUGE packet of condoms, i was so embarassed, i just stared at my feet and moved away from him so it wouldnt be too obvious we came in together and then he spent about 5 minuites talking to the guy at the counter and then called out to me when we were leaving. I was so embarassed, when we eventually got down to his house, i chickened out and went home (which was a good thing because I really wasn't ready for it). I'm the sort of person who wont even look at condoms when I'm at a pharmacy much less buy them.
shewantstobeme
I work at a supermarket, and they were buy-one-get-one-free the other day, and obviously they're like £10 for a packet of 12...
So this guy bought loads of stuff, plus the two boxes of condoms and his shopping came to £40... He didn't think that all his purchases would amount to that much, so he goes, "Was it buy-one-get-one-free on the err...errrrr..." and he couldn't actually bring himself to say it hehe.

:eek: £10 for a pack of 12? That's ridiculous! I get packs of 12 from Wilko for £4.99, and they're good quality!

The first time I bought condoms I will admit I was nervous, but that's mostly because there was a group of old women in the same aisle. Actually buying them didn't bother me so much, as my girlfriend served me.:redface:
I think I did round it up a bit. they're £8-£10 depending on the type you want. If you want those ones which are extra protective and stuff, they're more expensive.
Reply 37
dhutch
Go to uni, you get about 400 free during freashers week!

You've been misinformed.
Reply 38
mtbab
but surely it would be wise of straight bars to encourage safe sex also.

One of our local clubs hands out banana flavoured condoms on their "Top Banana" night, although I'm never quite sure why it's called that. They taste minging though.

I've never had a problem buying them though, tbh.
Hasn't it been rebranded as Kinki?

You seriously dont get loads in Freshers Week, but anyway, would you rather have the embarrassment of buying a pack or buying a pregnancy test?

Latest

Trending

Trending