The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viridiana
I'm 5'2.5'' and ive been with one person for 3 years. Then I was like 150 pounds I think, sorry im bad at imperial - 65 kg. A few months ago I dropped to my lowest, about 115 pounds. Now I gained about 10 again. and well I was never encouraged to lose weighr, and if so, just so that i'd be happy. If your bf is joking tell him that it hurts, if hes serious then well tell him that if youre going to lose weight it will be for you not for him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Proclaiming that one is being “bad at imperial” in this age of unit converters everywhere (e.g. Google) is strange, to say the least…
Although he should've been much more tactful you need to face the reality that he's not going to be that attracted to you at your current weight so you need to decide how you feel about it. Please him because you want him to find you attractive or ditch him because being comfortable is more important to you than your current relationship.

People should stop giving him hate. His only other options would've been dumping her for a slimmer girl or cheating, so at least OP knows where she stands.
(edited 9 years ago)
Depends really have you gained a lot of weight since you first started going out? If you've been dating a while and have always been that size than thats his problem he can encourage you both to get fitter healthier but if hes calling you fat then thats out of order cause he liked you enough to start dating you, on the flip side if you can gained a ton of weight since you started going out because of feeling comfortable then you look different and he can voice his concerns but should have done it in a nicer more tactful way.
lose it then, seriously my ex and I were close even when we aren't together but I didn't want to get back because she got too fat, if you can't take care of something simple like your body, than forget it.
Original post by perflous
Sit him down and tell him that what he said upset you. Make it clear that he can't tell you what to do/how to look after your body. Tell him that if you want to lose weight, you will do so without any pressure from him.

Quite honestly, if someone told me I should lose weight (and I was still within a healthy weight) for his aesthetical pleasure only, I'd put on a few extra pounds just to make the point :smile:

If I were you, I'd take a serious look at your relationship.

what's wrong with wanting your partner to be in shape? ain't nobody wanting to stick with someone who becomes a whale
Im sorry but you need to get rid of him (if he was being serious) this can lead onto more things he can say that'll emotionally hurt you. As a boyfriend he shouldn't have said anything like that. He should only be saying positive things and mention things that should put a smile on your face.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Life_peer
Proclaiming that one is being “bad at imperial” in this age of unit converters everywhere (e.g. Google) is strange, to say the least…

I was using the TSR app on my phone and turning on the browser to count the conversions at the same time would have killed my old phone.
Original post by Joshale
what's wrong with wanting your partner to be in shape? ain't nobody wanting to stick with someone who becomes a whale

the BF couldv mentioned it in a more nicer way rather than pinching her stomach and telling her shes fat.
(edited 9 years ago)
Maybe you should lose some weight then?

Really it is up to you what you do with your body.
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
He probably isn't joking if you weigh this :/

Bit harsh don't you think?!
Its your body. If you lose weight do it because you want to, not because someone told you too.
Dump him and take yourself out on a pizza date.

In all seriousness, make sure you're comfortable in you own skin. Your opinion should be the only one that matters when it comes to your body. But I would still sit down and talk about it with him. He might not have realised how much the comment would hurt you.
Original post by Lizza
No. We never talked about weight issues before.

I think the important thing here is actually self-image - do you still feel attractive/sexy when you're around him? He has been profoundly unhelpful (at best!) in suggesting that you need to lose weight; as others have said, you should try to lose a little bit of weight if you want to, not because someone suggests it! No one should pressurise you - indeed it's cynical and mean of them to do so!
So I put your data in a BMI calculator and apparently you are a normal weight closer to the overweight side.
However, how do you feel about your weight?

Cos I have the same BMI as you basically, and I'm trying to lose weight to feel better in my body. But that's just me. You do whatever makes you feel best.
Original post by raq123
say that he need grow his dick cause its too small and he doesn't know how to really please me sexual, that will destroy his man ergo .
but Seriously Now, talk to him, tell how you feel.. If do anything like that again, dumb his ass. You deserve better, you are beautiful in ur own way. ������

You honestly think voicing opinions in a relationship is cause to destroy someones ego? lol you sound like a rational person. What would you have him do then? Just leave her? Cheat on her? Remain in a relationship he's not totally content with?

OP, I think he could've said it in a better way but in a relationship it's better to get these things out there, why don't you talk to him about it before the opinions of strangers on the internet cloud your judgement?
Original post by Saj.ali316
the BF couldv mentioned it in a more nicer way rather than pinching her stomach and telling her shes fat.

maybe he's hinted before but she was oblivious to it
Reply 56
If you're like obese then you should lose weight cos it makes you die sooner (cos of heat attacks etc) and can put you in a wheelchair by 30 (like my aunt). If you want to lose weight do it cos you want to, because it benefits you, not cos your friend tells you to.
Anyway if one of my friends did that to me I'd punch them in the face and tell them to look in the mirror some time before next year. :smile:
Reply 57
He's projecting his own insecurities on you, don't pay any attention. :h:
Reply 58
Do you think your boyfriend should have a say in how your body looks?
If yes, then you can try and lose weight.
If no, you need to have a serious conversation with him and make it clear that he has no say in how you look. This is your body anyway and you're the only person living in it. Why should other people have a say in how it looks??
Tell to him **** off. He either likes you for who you are or he can go bang his head in the wall for all you care. Everyone is beautiful in their own way

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending