The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Mustard-man
I'm Jason, I got an unconditional offer, within 5 days, for Actuarial Science. It's at Canterbury, is anyone else going to there? (Or applied for a course which runs there)

the canterbury campus? mine is :smile:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
shewantstobeme
the canterbury campus? mine is :smile:
:party:
Reply 42
Mustard-man
:party:

I thought you were applying for pharmacy?:redface:
kirstinx
I thought you were applying for pharmacy?:redface:

Yeah, I am :biggrin:

My choices are pretty screwed up tbh - 'Pharmacy', 'Mathematics and Actuarial Studies', 'Actuarial Science' and 'mathematics, operational research, statistics and economics' :rolleyes:

Ah dear, the funny thing is, I've received 2 Pharmacy interviews, an offer from kent to do Actuarial Science, and an interview for Mathematics and Actuarial Studies!
Reply 44
Mustard-man
Yeah, I am :biggrin:

My choices are pretty screwed up tbh - 'Pharmacy', 'Mathematics and Actuarial Studies', 'Actuarial Science' and 'mathematics, operational research, statistics and economics' :rolleyes:

Ah dear, the funny thing is, I've received 2 Pharmacy interviews, an offer from kent to do Actuarial Science, and an interview for Mathematics and Actuarial Studies!

Which do you think you want to do more?:p:

Thats the problem with having a variety of courses, you dont just have to choose the uni you prefer, but the course too
kirstinx
Which do you think you want to do more?:p:

Thats the problem with having a variety of courses, you dont just have to choose the uni you prefer, but the course too

That's the problem, I don't know :redface:

Yeah, well I've got plenty of time to decide :cool:
Reply 46
well my application got sent off today - wish me luck for a place! :smile:

btw, what's the difference between a Conditional Offer and an Unconditional Offer?
Conditional means that you have to satisfy particular grade requirements, i.e. BBB, to get accepted. Uncondtional means that the applicant doesn't have to satisfy the offer in order to get accepted (this is mainly with post A-level applicants who already have the grades).
got an offer!!!
Law ABB
Reply 49
starchild
got an offer!!!
Law ABB

:redface: lol i want my Kent Law now, when did you send ure app off?
mtbab
:redface: lol i want my Kent Law now, when did you send ure app off?

14th october

good luckz :smile:
Reply 51
starchild
14th october

good luckz :smile:

as if that was 5days after me!

altho i'm applying for Euro legal Studies, so maybe they are lookin at those later. hmmm lol
Reply 52
i'm laurence

im applying for the history course :biggrin:

anyone else?
I'm Jess, i have applied for drama, they recieved my form on the 20th Oct, sent it off on the 18th, haven't heard anything... waiting is annoying :frown:
I don't think i will get in though.
Reply 54
lol3000
i'm laurence

im applying for the history course :biggrin:

anyone else?

i just got an offer for history a couple of days ago
Reply 55
i got a letter from kent for law inviting me to an interview for a "special offer", i'm intrigued but not really sure what this means? Anyone else in the same boat?
Reply 56
Rob McK
i got a letter from kent for law inviting me to an interview for a "special offer", i'm intrigued but not really sure what this means? Anyone else in the same boat?

ooh yeh theres quite a few bouncing about.

this is what the admission tutor spoke about on the open day, they will interview people who they think applied to Oxbridge in view of making them a lower offer so that they will consider putting Kent as their insurance under Oxbridge.
But they can't see where you applied can they? So how would they know? :confused:
Sorry if i've missed the point! :redface:
Reply 58
*starry_eyed_*
But they can't see where you applied can they? So how would they know? :confused:
Sorry if i've missed the point! :redface:

well pretty much if you aply to Kent Law predicted AAA and befroe the 15th Oct, they cna take a good guess lol
fair enough :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending