The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds Accommodation - Mary Morris and Oxley

I have an offer from Leeds, and have put it as my firm choice, so am now trying to decide which accommodation to apply for. The two that I'm considering are Mary Morris and Oxley - does anyone have any information about either of the two that could help me make up my mind?
If so, please could you tell me what the bedroom/bathroom/kitchen and social life is like?
I'm tempted to go for Mary Morris as it's significantly cheaper than Oxley (it would save me over £900 per year).
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Joe
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi, I'm living in Oxley atm but I don't know anything about Mary Morris so I can't compare the two. At Oxley, if you're in the blocks, there are 5 people to a flat, you all have an ensuite and share the kitchen. I don't have a lot of stuff, so I'd say the storage space in the bedroom and kitchen is pretty decent. The bedrooms may not look nice but you get a double bed and a large desk. The staff are also friendly and helpful. As the for the social side, well, Oxley pretty much would be suitable for anyone. The 'noisier' blocks are grouped together and quiet and older students are also grouped together in blocks. However, it can take about 40 minutes to get home from uni on the bus in heavy traffic which is annoying at first but you get used to it. Good luck and I hope you make the right decision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest