The Student Room Group

Goverment changing GCSE

Hmm, what do you guys think of the new gcse with no coursework, only on the exam day :/. And the new book 'great expectations' :/
Original post by mindfucsab
Hmm, what do you guys think of the new gcse with no coursework, only on the exam day :/. And the new book 'great expectations' :/

I think in some ways it is a good idea because when I was doing GCSE English and Spanish people used to cheat on their coursework and end up with higher grades that others because of it. Which i don't think is entirely fair.
Original post by lizmoo0721
I think in some ways it is a good idea because when I was doing GCSE English and Spanish people used to cheat on their coursework and end up with higher grades that others because of it. Which i don't think is entirely fair.

I agree, however it would be unlucky if someone had a bad day on the exam because they won't allow resits anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I haven't properly researched them as it won't affect me, but I feel that it depends on the subject as to whether no coursework is a good idea or not. I dislike the removal of American literature I believe is happening, but Great Expectations is undoubtedly a brilliant novel. David Copperfield is better though.
Reply 4
Original post by BobbiBlue
I agree, however it would be unlucky if someone had a bad day on the exam because they won't allow resits anymore.

It will still be possible to re-sit but (just as now) you will have to wait a year for all subjects other than Maths and English.
MUCH BETTER!!
Lucky ****ers.

Quick Reply

Latest