The Student Room Group

How and where to take a maths GCSE?

I'm 14 and was going to take my Maths GCSE last year but I had a "lack of effort". I want to take it this year (in year 10), but my school only lets people who they know will get A/A* as it may hurt their records. I will easily achieve this but they doubt it. I have had a private tutor for 7 years - I am capable.

I want to take it, and in my town, we have my school... where I do not want to take it, and a community college where I could.

How much does it cost?

How do I apply?

Tysm <3
Reply 1
Original post by Zynott
I'm 14 and was going to take my Maths GCSE last year but I had a "lack of effort". I want to take it this year (in year 10), but my school only lets people who they know will get A/A* as it may hurt their records. I will easily achieve this but they doubt it. I have had a private tutor for 7 years - I am capable.

I want to take it, and in my town, we have my school... where I do not want to take it, and a community college where I could.

How much does it cost?

How do I apply?

Tysm <3

Check on the exam boards website for costs and possible exam centres.. Usually it's around £50 last time I checked as an independent candidate but if your school pay for this it'll be free.

Are you sure you want to take it early? I know I finished the course by the end of year 10 (so I could have probably got an A* in it then) but is it of any advantage to you taking it early? What would you be doing instead of normal timetabled maths lessons?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest