The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hasn't spoke to me in over a week? :/

It's been over a week, nearly two weeks, since my bf stopped replying to me. We're both on TSR and he's been online plenty of times since we last spoke but he hasn't replied to my messages! I don't want to come across as clingy though so I keep leaving a few days in between the occasional message, just asking if he's OK and stuff. I mean it's not like I'm bombarding him with messages or anything. The last text message I sent was asking for his exact address so I could post him a Christmas card but it didn't matter much to me if he didn't want to give me it, it wasn't that a big deal (at least I don't think it was :s-smilie: hmm.). That was 9 days ago but he hasn't texted me for about 11 days, and I last messaged him on here on his profile about a week ago, and I PMed him 5/6 days ago or something (I only know because I just checked my messages and my texts). So it's been pretty much a week since I messaged him. We don't talk every day but come on isn't 11 days a bit ridiculous?

Did I message him too much? Am I speculating too much? I don't think I did or am and we've been very close for the past 8 or so months after everything we've been through. We've only been together for a few weeks but I thought we were happy and stuff until he started ignoring me. :frown: Any idea what is going on? :confused: I would ask him but he won't reply to me so.... advice?

Scroll to see replies

Not speaking to you for 11 days, even just to say ''I need some space'' is a pretty crappy thing to do. Doesn't sound like much of a boyfriend to me.

If it was me I would stop trying to contact him and try to move on, not as in dating anyone else but trying to contact him and not getting a reply probably leaves you feeling pretty upset, so stop upsetting yourself and go do other things to take your mind off of it.

There's not much else you can really do if he wont even answer your messages. If he does contact you again then maybe you can go from there but I wouldn't be chasing him.
Reply 2
Original post by Reeeeyah
Not speaking to you for 11 days, even just to say ''I need some space'' is a pretty crappy thing to do. Doesn't sound like much of a boyfriend to me.

If it was me I would stop trying to contact him and try to move on, not as in dating anyone else but trying to contact him and not getting a reply probably leaves you feeling pretty upset, so stop upsetting yourself and go do other things to take your mind off of it.

There's not much else you can really do if he wont even answer your messages. If he does contact you again then maybe you can go from there but I wouldn't be chasing him.

Thanks. I don't understand why such a nice guy like him would ignore me though, but I'll just give him some space and wait to see when he gets back to me if he does. Thank you for the advice though.
There may be a sound, reasonable explanation. Okay, he might be being a hurtful, inconsiderate friend by not talking to you at all for such a long period of time. But there might be a good reason. Maybe he has an emergency, maybe he's very occupied with something. Maybe he's unable to reach you at all. There may be someone else using his account. It's possible that he doesn't want you anymore, that he's deliberately ignoring you and abandoned you on purpose. The point is, it's not possible to be certain of what's going on, there may be a legitimate reason for him not contacting you for so long. If he still hasn't contacted you by the end of the month, you can be absolutely certain that he's either dead or that he doesn't want you anymore. It's hard to come to terms with, but you have to accept it - if that is the case. It's hard to tell what's going on. All you can do is just wait, keep in contact with him for a while, and just see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by FasterThanFTL
There may be a sound, reasonable explanation. Okay, he might be being a hurtful, inconsiderate friend by not talking to you at all for such a long period of time. But there might be a good reason. Maybe he has an emergency, maybe he's very occupied with something. Maybe he's unable to reach you at all. There may be someone else using his account. It's possible that he doesn't want you anymore, that he's deliberately ignoring you and abandoned you on purpose. The point is, it's not possible to be certain of what's going on, there may be a legitimate reason for him not contacting you for so long. If he still hasn't contacted you by the end of the month, you can be absolutely certain that he's either dead or that he doesn't want you anymore. It's hard to come to terms with, but you have to accept it - if that is the case. It's hard to tell what's going on. All you can do is just wait, keep in contact with him for a while, and just see what happens.

Posted from TSR Mobile

um :s-smilie: OK XD
My ex did the same to me. He was too scared to say he wanted to end it so decided to stop talking to me to see if I would just go away, which obviously didn't happen. Quite a lot of guys do this when they're being cowardly, it doesn't sound good if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I'm breaking up with him now
I would move on if I were you, he clearly has no respect for you or even the balls to say he wants to end it.

Lmao if he's reading this knowing it's about him:colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
My ex did the same to me. He was too scared to say he wanted to end it so decided to stop talking to me to see if I would just go away, which obviously didn't happen. Quite a lot of guys do this when they're being cowardly, it doesn't sound good if I'm honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My ex just started ignoring me and even had her friends hint it's over...some people are *****.
Reply 9
oooh when he reads this :colone:

But no you haven't OP. That's kind of dickish of him. If he's gonna pull a stunt like that, he should at least tell you why he wants some time alone. And this is a new relationship? If he's acting like this now, I wonder how he's gonna be down the road once he gets more comfortable in the relationship :erm:
Original post by SarcasticMel
My ex just started ignoring me and even had her friends hint it's over...some people are *****.

I completely agree, but then you can just come out of it thinking, wow, I'm so much better than you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
He isn't your Boyfriend any longer.

So who is the ****?
*reads OP*

*Checks for any potential messages from said bf*

*In on thread in the hope of dramatic ****storm*
I'd firstly find out why he is being that way, then again if he is never responding to phone calls or texts then I guess you got no choice. You'd think even if he has got drama in his left, he'd least say something is up.
What's his TSR username then? :ninja:
Wow if he sees this thread he might get more pissed off or feel sorry..

Either way 11 days is far too long. Call him.
Original post by Le Nombre
*reads OP*

*Checks for any potential messages from said bf*

*In on thread in the hope of dramatic ****storm*

You're not the only one :P
Online boyfriend?
I'm not telling anyone his username because he's my friend and I don't want anyone to jump the guns, if that's the correct term. Lose their **** and make drama and all that. Neither of us need the drama. But I did PM him the link so he can see how I felt.

Felt*. I don't feel sad anymore though. Okay, maybe a little. :/ My best TSR friend has ignored me pretty much all month. Texts, calls, PMs, visitor messages, not all in one big go though, now and then. All ignored. :sad: There will be a reason, but a simple "I need space" would have been enough. ._. But. A big but.

I'm actually OK. There were a few reasons I wanted to break up with him anyway (and I have tried to explicitly communicate this break up with him so hey I tried). Distance, jitters, the complete unresponsiveness this whole time etc, but mainly because I need space and time to grow independently and start a new start. It's nearly 2015 so new chapters and all that. I don't need the whole relationship hassle anymore right now. I am going to focus on my A Levels, my university prospects and future and stuff, the whole massive gender transition process and stuff (randomly irrelevant FYI, he knew about my trans identity so it's OK dw), and my home and social life and of course my early steps into adult life, so it's me time now. So I'm going to enjoy young single life now and just be TSR friends with him, should he ever respond to me ever again. :yy:

Thank you for all of the support though. :smile:
Original post by Paralove
Thought the same.

Still not entirely sure how you can be in a real relationship with someone you've never met with in person. There is a difference between long distance and online relationships.

OP, I would get rid if I were you. No point spending hours fretting over a message and text politics.

Yeah, it's a bit... Idk. Certainly not worth worrying over at all, if it's purely online.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending