The Student Room Group

Do you think that it's dangerous to tell a girl that you love her?

E.g. say if your with your gf and your told her that you "love her" do you think thats a dangerous thing to do? especially if you may not see her as a long term girlfriend?

I don't have a girlfriend but this has always got my wondering.(I just know someones going to bring up "I wonder why" and stuff...

What do you think are some better alternative ways of telling a girl that you "love her" rather than giving her that idea by saying you "love her".

I am not in anyway shape or form saying that saying "I love you" to a girl is a bad thing its just that ive always struggled to comphrend how a person could say that to a girl....
In his book 'Essays in Love', Alain de Botton relates how at dinner with his girlfriend he tackled this dilemma. They were eating marshmallows, and to him the marshmallow seemed to capture the essence of many of the feelings he wanted to express, so he instead ended up saying 'I marshmallow you'.

Needless to say the girlfriend ended up cheating on him.
Reply 2
Original post by Birkenhead
In his book 'Essays in Love', Alain de Botton relates how at dinner with his girlfriend he tackled this dilemma. They were eating marshmallows, and to him the marshmallow seemed to capture the essence of many of the feelings he wanted to express, so he instead ended up saying 'I marshmallow you'.

Needless to say the girlfriend ended up cheating on him.

Brilliant :lol:
Original post by Anonymous
E.g. say if your with your gf and your told her that you "love her" do you think thats a dangerous thing to do? especially if you may not see her as a long term girlfriend?

I don't have a girlfriend but this has always got my wondering.(I just know someones going to bring up "I wonder why" and stuff...

What do you think are some better alternative ways of telling a girl that you "love her" rather than giving her that idea by saying you "love her".

I am not in anyway shape or form saying that saying "I love you" to a girl is a bad thing its just that ive always struggled to comphrend how a person could say that to a girl....

Why? :confused:
I think personally you should only say it if you mean it because it wouldn't be fair on either of you. If you do end up in a relationship and you don't love her don't say it as its misleading her and wont be fair. Also even if she tells you that she loves you only say it if you mean it otherwise what's the point? I know too many people just say it without meaning it and that's just wrong as they get peoples hopes up and then people end up hurt. Also that's how boys end up getting known as the 'jerks' 'pricks' when really its just something misunderstood. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Imo a man should NEVER say i love you before she says it first.
What the heck... This is weird, makes no sense. Why on earth would it be bad in any way? It's scary, may very well make you nervous, but why on earth would it be bad. Obviously you should not say it unless you mean it, and definitely avoid saying it if you know she doesn't feel the same way about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matthewduncan
Imo a man should NEVER say i love you before she says it first.

why should a girl say it first? i get where u are coming from but me as being a girl i would never say it first even if i think it i would never say it before a guy does.
Reply 8
Hell yeah! That's the most dangerous game you can play dude. If it blows up in yer face you're stuck in a world of sh**!
Heck yes OP.
And the same for a girl to say 'I love you' to a guy.
Even if it's mild, it's utter torment.
Original post by collins-queen
why should a girl say it first? i get where u are coming from but me as being a girl i would never say it first even if i think it i would never say it before a guy does.

Theres something cringe about a man loving a woman as much as she loves him
Its like wanting to get married.
Women should be the ones doing the subliminal hints,leaving wedding magazines around the gaff etc not the other way around.
Original post by matthewduncan
Theres something cringe about a man loving a woman as much as she loves him
Its like wanting to get married.
Women should be the ones doing the subliminal hints,leaving wedding magazines around the gaff etc not the other way around.

I suppose, i see where your coming from. however i dunno it might just be me but i culd never tell a guy my feelings before a guy tells me his but that just might be me coz i have firends that even if they been in a relationship only a few weeks begin saying i love you and alll that crap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending