The Student Room Group

Help please aqa b unit 4 question help pleaseeeee don't scroll!

Hey!

I'm meant to be comparing a text for my unit 4 English Lit further and independent reading for A2
The compulsory text we're learning in school is The Catcher in the Rye and we're meant to find our own second text,

I wanted to talk about the alienation Holden feels amongst his class in society, the struggles of his familial relationships and how what's happened in his past is has led to the limitations he faces now as a character
I wanted to compare it to the Kite Runner but I've studied this at AS so is it bad if I study the text again?

It doesn't say it's not allowed on the website (I've tripled checked) has anyone else done a text they've already studied for this course work? Or can anyone think of another text I could use similar to the KR or has similar themes to the ones I've mentioned?

thank you!!!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
I know someone in my class who used Tess of the D'Urbervilles, which they had also used in their AS, so you should be fine. I still would check with your teacher though as they know the rules better than anyone.

In terms of other books The Perks of Being a Wallflower is somewhat similar in terms of his alienation. Another is Jane Eyre, she's alienated due to her class and gender, therefore being unhappy with her role in society.
If you're looking for a poem then I can only think of Lady of Shalot ( as she's alienated from society in her tower and it's all about escapism) off the top of my head but I'm sure Sylvia Plath and 1000 other poets have a lot of them, I just can't think of any right now.
In terms of a play you could possibly do Streetcar Named Desire, with Blanche being the main focus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by emma-lauren
I know someone in my class who used Tess of the D'Urbervilles, which they had also used in their AS, so you should be fine. I still would check with your teacher though as they know the rules better than anyone.

Was this for the critical anthology coursework by any chance? If so then do you happen to know what question they used or the kind of things they talked about? Because I'm planning on doing Tess of the D'Urbervilles but of totally stuck for a question :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending