The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why are white (girls) generally seen as being more attractive?

Maybe it's just me, but from what I can see in general white skin seems to be the most preferred especially when it comes to dating (people with darker skin sometimes bleach their skin in order to appear lighter) or perhaps it's just due to white people dominating the Western society and receiving more positive media publicity and to an extent people being conditioned to think according to certain societal standards, which happen to include the admiration of light skin in a potential date.

Discuss. (inb4 the obligatory 'but I prefer xxx race so you're wrong', that really isn't the point...)

Edit - I'm not trying to be racist or anything here, just a trend that I've noticed
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentshadows
Maybe it's just me, but from what I can see in general white skin seems to be the most preferred especially when it comes to dating (people with darker skin sometimes bleach their skin in order to appear lighter) or perhaps it's just due to white people dominating the Western society and receiving more positive media publicity and to an extent people being conditioned to think according to certain societal standards, which happen to include the admiration of light skin in a potential date.

Discuss. (inb4 the obligatory 'but I prefer xxx race so you're wrong', that really isn't the point...)

I think you're right with the media part, obviously when you see more attractive people of a certain race in media, you think they're attractive. Like how Latinas are always shown to be super hot in media, I'm sure they are as much unattractive ones

Posted from TSR Mobile
Western standards.

Tbh it's

Latinas
Then Asian girls
Then blacks.

English girls ummm Na.

Other white girls- Mediterranean/Russian/Ukraine girls are beautiful.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by missfats
Western standards.

Tbh it's

Latinas
Then Asian girls
Then blacks.

English girls ummm Na.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why, what's wrong with English girls?
Reply 4
Yeh I think its more about what the media portrays as the standard of beauty, always caucasian features, white girls, even models with lightened skin etc.
Original post by keturah
Why, what's wrong with English girls?

They're not very attractive.
English girls are very attractive but they have a terrible reputation all over the world as do most white girls unfortunately.
We need to have a talk about this actually perhaps in a new thread
Maybe they're just more attractive?
Original post by missfats
Western standards.

Tbh it's

Latinas
Then Asian girls
Then blacks.

English girls ummm Na.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Care to elaborate upon Asian girls?
I think you mean East Asian girls, right?
Like Japanese & Korean etc..
Original post by matthewduncan
English girls are very attractive but they have a terrible reputation all over the world as do most white girls unfortunately.
We need to have a talk about this actually perhaps in a new thread

that's wrong. American australian or canadian women don't have this reputation at all. It's only the english.
Original post by YesAllMen
that's wrong. American australian or canadian women don't have this reputation at all. It's only the english.

Dunno about Canadians but americans and australians definitely do.
They just hold their liquor a little better
Original post by keturah
Some do, not all.

What a load of ****

to english people it might be, but someone from the states or somewhere, an english person attractive to english people will look average/below-average to them (as well as everywhere else in the world)

This goes for guys too by the way, not just being sexist.
Reply 12
I thought that the most desired girls were east asian ones. There are many that I've seen saying they don't like white girls, but I think a big portion of the guys would go for asian girls. And I've seen it on the news, asian girls are the most approached *race on dating sites.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by inachigeek21
Care to elaborate upon Asian girls?
I think you mean East Asian girls, right?
Like Japanese & Korean etc..

South Asian girls.

Lets be honest, most East Asian girls are not attractive except the famous ones.
But then again they plastered themselves with surgery.

The guys are good looking for the most part, however.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keturah
Some do, not all.

What a load of ****

That's stereotypes for you. Not necessarily true and doesn't apply to the whole group, but people make statements like that anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keturah
Some do, not all.

What a load of ****

Face it.

English girls on average are less attractive then their European counterparts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol at Americans not finding english girls attractive. its not just a myth its a complete lie
You go to the states and you will think they have the baddest bitches but really the same way we fiend over their women and talk bad about our women they fiend over our women and talk bad about theirs.
Ive lost count at how many times ive heard a yank say i wanna go england "to get me some of that english pussy"
Original post by iama
I thought that the most desired girls were east asian ones. There are many that I've seen saying they don't like white girls, but I think a big portion of the guys would go for asian girls. And I've seen it on the news, asian girls are the most approached ethnicity on dating sites.

No need to tell lies now.

We all know guys go crazy for white girls.

It's due to a number of reasons, I don't think attraction is a simple as being told x=attractive but when this message is put in your head so many times, naturally x=attractive.

Partially down to deeply embedded cultural beliefs of being lighter meaning wealthier due to getting involved in labour outside, partly due to the effects of colonisation, partly due to eurocentric ideals of beauty being seen everywhere.

I don't really get the obsession and see attractive girls in all races but yeah.
Original post by Sulpha
Americans as a general rule are wrong about everything though.

Yeah, they must be teaching incorrect stuff to university students in America.

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19

Say again

Latest