The Student Room Group

Unlimited Masters Applications?

Could someone tell me if there is a limit to how many times you can apply for a Masters at a particular University? For instance, if I applied to Oxford for 2015-16 but didn't get in, could I still apply for 2016-17?
Original post by seal36
Could someone tell me if there is a limit to how many times you can apply for a Masters at a particular University? For instance, if I applied to Oxford for 2015-16 but didn't get in, could I still apply for 2016-17?

You certainly could apply for the following year. However if you're planning to do that, it would be worth asking why you didn't get a place first time round - and see if you can improve that area of your application.
Original post by Jantaculum
it would be worth asking why you didn't get a place first time round - and see if you can improve that area of your application.

I don't think they tell people that, though - it says on their website 'Please note that the University does not normally provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.' http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/applying-to-oxford/university-policies/complaints

You're certainly allowed to apply as many times as you like.
Reply 3
Thank you for the replies. How would you rate my chances at getting on a philosophy course at Oxbridige? I study at the University of Birmingham and average 71.
Original post by seal36
Thank you for the replies. How would you rate my chances at getting on a philosophy course at Oxbridige? I study at the University of Birmingham and average 71.

If you have a cogent research proposal, strong references and maintain your average then I'd say you have a very good chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending