The Student Room Group

Physics and Philosophy at Kings College London

Three Questions:

What is the reputation of KCL like and how might this affect job offers and careers? Done a little research and it seems that the reputation is not as good as other colleges in London e.g UCL or Imperial. Is it considered to be one of the "top" unis which would, in the long run, help attract all-sorts of employers. Reputation of the uni matters to me quite a lot.

In terms of careers, what careers could this course lead me to?

Would I be better of doing physics or astro-physics and cut out the philosophy all together since I like philosophy but physics more and would this change or narrow down career opportunities? If so how and what?

Thanks, as you can probably tell I'm in year 12 at the moment (hence why I sound so naive but I want to start thinking about Uni now).:') I take maths, physics, biology, RS and if I drop anything in year 13 it will probably be R.S. I see this course is available at Oxford but entry requirements are really high and also I want to enjoy the social aspect of Uni (limited in Oxford) so that's why a Uni in the heart of London seems fit like Kings which is the only Uni in such a location to do this course. Anyways Thanks!!!!!!!!!! :smile:
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending