The Student Room Group

Will I ever truly get over her?

I feel like a prick, I feel depleted, I feel exhausted, sad, crushed, but I also feel like a huge chunk of my life has disappeared. I feel like a wuss, a coward, a needy, clingy piece of garbage, but I also feel like I'm making the biggest mistake in my life.

I know what you guys are thinking: "What the hell is this pussyhole talking about ... what a loser" but hear me out, please.

I'm willing to divulge more information if you ask for it, but I just need serious help and advice - no funny business - I need the cold truth. How do I get over a girl I've loved for 6 years? How do I forget her? How do I move on with my life?

I've tried everything ... dating new girls, deleting/blocking her Facebook, phone, texts, emails, etc ... but it just doesn't work - she's every where I go.

Thanks for the read, I hope you can give me your time.
Reply 1
As a relationship expert i Feel i am the perfect person to tell you how to move on. What you do is follow my advice because I'm a expert. Here is my advice, remember this is coming from an expert. My advice is to use that pain that anger and show her what she missed out on i have faith. All the best, expert guru
Reply 2
Original post by xxm
As a relationship expert i Feel i am the perfect person to tell you how to move on. What you do is follow my advice because I'm a expert. Here is my advice, remember this is coming from an expert. My advice is to use that pain that anger and show her what she missed out on i have faith. All the best, expert guru

I have no anger for her, no pain, no sufferance - zilch, nada, rien ... Shouldn't I be using this "anger" on myself rather than bring her back into my heart? Isn't anger just an emotion closer to love than you think? Shouldn't I be indifferent to her?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I have no anger for her, no pain, no sufferance - zilch, nada, rien ... Shouldn't I be using this "anger" on myself rather than bring her back into my heart? Isn't anger just an emotion closer to love than you think? Shouldn't I be indifferent to her?

nah diasagree dude she's gonna be in your head regardless of what you do. That's just the fact of life, but use her in a positive way strain all that emotion to better yourself and show her what she is missing
Reply 4
I feel like a prick, I feel depleted, I feel exhausted, sad, crushed, but I also feel like a huge chunk of my life has disappeared. I feel like a wuss, a coward, a needy, clingy piece of garbage, but I also feel like I'm making the biggest mistake in my life.

I know what you guys are thinking: "What the hell is this pussyhole talking about ... what a loser" but hear me out, please.

I'm willing to divulge more information if you ask for it, but I just need serious help and advice - no funny business - I need the cold truth. How do I get over a girl I've loved for 6 years? How do I forget her? How do I move on with my life?

I've tried everything ... dating new girls, deleting/blocking her Facebook, phone, texts, emails, etc ... but it just doesn't work - she's every where I go.

6 years is... some time. May i ask what happened or why she left you?

As for the directive answer, yes you CAN move on! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by EnolaGay
6 years is... some time. May i ask what happened or why she left you?

As for the directive answer, yes you CAN move on! :smile:

We were never together, so of course we never broke up ... it was my choice to cut ties between us (i.e Facebook and phone) ... but I'm starting to think I've made the worse decision in my life and that she now hates me or whatever.
Reply 6
We were never together, so of course we never broke up ... it was my choice to cut ties between us (i.e Facebook and phone) ... but I'm starting to think I've made the worse decision in my life and that she now hates me or whatever.

Very little info here to help you out. So you're saying it's a one sided love-crush thing that you had something for her, that too for 6 yrs? You don't need to cut her off your life in that case, just till emotions for her fade off.
Reply 7
Original post by EnolaGay
Very little info here to help you out. So you're saying it's a one sided love-crush thing that you had something for her, that too for 6 yrs? You don't need to cut her off your life in that case, just till emotions for her fade off.

Well I've cut her off ... so that's that - and I regret it.

Didn't say it was one-sided ... I said it couldn't happen because of the distance.
Reply 8
Well I've cut her off ... so that's that - and I regret it.

Didn't say it was one-sided ... I said it couldn't happen because of the distance.

Alright. No more question's on if she loves you, or if you love her. That sort of crap.. but regarding your question there is no one better than you who can do the moving on part. Getting to date other girls make's it worse, there's guilt in that part. Don't do that. Get out and hang around with your friends, make new ones. Have females friends around. Yes, you've got to delete that girl everywhere, her number, facebook, whatsapp, all etc,. Focus. Just don't let any past memory or thought of her come into your mind. Say NO. Make sure, as the days go by you think lesser of her and it'll eventually subside.

Don't hold it to one girl. There are many out there, much better.
Original post by xxm

Get over Andrea first before handing out 'advice' :rolleyes:
Reply 10
You will never get over her. She will hide in the deepest confines of your mind and haunt you when you least need to be reminded of her.

Good luck, buddy.
You need to try and reconcile what ever it us that's got you hung up on her (presumably through a talk) and see were where the cards fall. But ultimately, while she lingers no you wont be full over
Reply 12
When was the last time you spoke to her?

I can relate to this-- going through it right now. You can try distracting yourself. Doing sports, finding new friends, new hobbies, etc. But to be blunt: you can't. At least, it can't be forced, it's not something you can do of your own volition.

If and when you get over her, it will just happen naturally. It sucks.
Just remember that she's probably not that great and that everyone has their flaws.
You said it was distance keeping you apart? Is that really such an issue since you said she was everywhere despite blocking her? Do you still like her and would you be with her if there was a chance? Clearly there is something holding you back from getting over this girl. Perhaps try and just be friends with her instead of just cutting her off.
You will get over her. How long it will take is anyone's guess. I was in a 9,5 year relationship with a wedding booked before my ex walked out on me for someone ten years younger. I felt like my whole world had collapsed and like I'd never be happy again.
It took me about a month to start having days where nothing sparked the tears and two to feel like I was happy again. Truly being over him and able to date other people? That took me about 6 months.
I still have the emoitnal scars in some ways, in that it takes me longer to open up to new boyfriends than it used to and I'm very cautious in committing to new relationships because the thought of going through that much pain again is pretty scary.
However, I am definitely, entirely over him. I don't regret the years we had because they made me happy and they made me the person I am. They also made me strong enough to cope and to get over him. The thing is, to feel so much pain you have to first feel that much happiness. That's what makes it all worth the risk.
Whether it will take you days, months or years is impossible to say because everyone handles life's heartbreaks differently. But that doesn't mean you won't feel better in your own time.
Reply 17
6 and a half years of unrequited love is pretty bad.

I had 3 or 4 months of unrequited love when I was 17 before I pushed her out of my life, like you are doing now.

Well, you have to start somewhere. If this is your first experience like this, learn from it. Women don't like guys who like them and don't move on it.

It seems to be like you haven't moved on it. Learn to become a stronger man, to be more aggressive and manly, and women will respond. She was never going to ask you out, was she?

If you need some help, I listened to "lovesystems" when I was young and didn't know anything about girls. Some useful advice, there. :smile:
I liked someone for four years and it drove me mad because he treated me like a best friend but in a way that led me on because I knew he had feelings for me - they were just definitely friendly feelings. But now, several years after that, I wonder what I was thinking to even like him in the first place. Times change, situations change, and eventually you'll realise that this person doesn't fit into your life anymore. It may be hard to understand at the moment, but this will pass, and you will be happy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending