The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE BSc Management 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
hi,

I really dont think you should panic about that. It's not because you have not mention any book that your personal statement is bad: if on the other hand you have say pertinent things, i dont see why you dont have your chances to get admitted.

Good luck
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
I'm from Indonesia. Applied mid-October and got an unconditional offer :smile:
Original post by VedikaA
I'm from Indonesia. Applied mid-October and got an unconditional offer :smile:

Hi !
Congrats!!!!
May I ask you when you got your offer? and your predicted grades?
Hi my 8 weeks (+2 weeks holidays) are over! I am an International applicant, from Iran
I'm so happy that the deadline is already tomorrow so all the applications are in and now it's only a matter of time how fast they process the applications. I'm actually glad for the wait (2months now) because it means that I'm not a definite no, which basically means for LSE that I'm somewhat a strong candidate. Since I'm from Finland I'm hoping that they keep to their line of picking a class with diversity. I'm nervous because I have a couple Finnish friends who got offers from LSE in like history and history&politics in a month. I'm fearing that there is an unofficial quota for each nationality so that there is only one or two students per year from one country, just enough to 'colour the map' of diversity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by ucas2015app
Hi !
Congrats!!!!
May I ask you when you got your offer? and your predicted grades?

I got my offer early December. I'm taking a gap year so I'm applying with my actual grades. I did the IB. 77666 with Higher Level Math, Business and Management and English Lang&Lit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Thestudent100
I'm so happy that the deadline is already tomorrow so all the applications are in and now it's only a matter of time how fast they process the applications. I'm actually glad for the wait (2months now) because it means that I'm not a definite no, which basically means for LSE that I'm somewhat a strong candidate. Since I'm from Finland I'm hoping that they keep to their line of picking a class with diversity. I'm nervous because I have a couple Finnish friends who got offers from LSE in like history and history&politics in a month. I'm fearing that there is an unofficial quota for each nationality so that there is only one or two students per year from one country, just enough to 'colour the map' of diversity...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You really think there is a quota? Hmm ... some courses have a significant percentage from certain nationalities because it is more popular or more jobs for their countries, and the same nationalities are not as well represented in other courses ... so I think it may be dependent on the popularity of the courses :smile:

Let's take a quick poll here:
Where you come from, which LSE courses are more popular?
Reply 27
Original post by GandalfWhite
You really think there is a quota? Hmm ... some courses have a significant percentage from certain nationalities because it is more popular or more jobs for their countries, and the same nationalities are not as well represented in other courses ... so I think it may be dependent on the popularity of the courses :smile:

Let's take a quick poll here:
Where you come from, which LSE courses are more popular?

I'm from Italy. Applied for Management

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egondargento
I'm from Italy. Applied for Management

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. Maybe I wasn't very clear. What are the courses in LSE that are more popular with students from your country?
Reply 29
Original post by GandalfWhite
Thank you. Maybe I wasn't very clear. What are the courses in LSE that are more popular with students from your country?

Hm I'd say Economics probably. But some friends of mine are applying for Management too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea which subjects are the most popular (obviously i don't know where everyone applies), but in the Helsinki-region IB schools almost everyone applies to the UK, whereas 'normal' students don't really even know of the possibility and prefer to stay in the country. In our two IB classes, people applied to anywhere from programming and engeneering to history and interntional relations. Many applied for medicine or medical biology as well. So you see, i can't be the judge of which subject would be the most popular in Finland when there is already such diversity in our school alone.
I'm as hopeful to get in as the rest of you whilst fearing that the cultural diversity the school seeks is no strengh for applying from abroad if loads apply from the same country, rather a dissadvantage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
fellas did u get a 4 weeker yesterday?
Reply 32
Im 7 weeks into my 8 week + 2 week email (i.e. 7 out of the 10 total weeks gone).
Original post by bobabob
fellas did u get a 4 weeker yesterday?

Yh.. But my 8+2 weeks was not supposed to end till next Friday. So confused.
The picture should get clearer for Admissions with Cambridge decisions out of the way and A2 results out next week for those who did them in Nov. Hopefully more offers can be decided.
I should hear back next week's Friday (2+8+2)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Other than LSE, which other universities did you apply to?
(edited 9 years ago)
What subjects (a levels) do you guys study? just out of curiosity
IB: HL: his, french b, eng lang&lit SL: math, bio, finnish lit
Predicted 38 (without tok and ee)
Applied also to: warwick, bath, st andrews, edinburgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mariusk03
Another IB student, how nice. Are you still waiting for a decision? When did you apply?

Yeah, been waiting since mid november and I've only heard back from Warwick so far (offer yay). I should know next week Friday from LSE (the whole week is going to be intense refreshing of emails haha :biggrin: )

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending