The Student Room Group

Kind of weird situation with mum/girl- Friend....

Ok, I have this rather weird situation where I have this really good female friend that I also like in a romantic sense and we do get on really well & we like each other's company and perhaps I might go out with her some day I dont know. Anyways she also knows my mum and she get on very well and is quite good friends with her as well, which is kind of what I feel weird about. I mean I like the fact a girl I like is good friends with my mum but I cant help feeling like it gets in the way of me being friends and perhaps developing things with her. Like for example she always wants to go over to my house and never wants to meet at her place or in the west end or city because she likes to see my mum, which means we end up doing the same thing a lot of the time ie. just hanging out in my place. Apart from that I have to spend at least a significant amount of the time I do get to see her talking to her with my mum, alot of times the majority of time with my mum which feels kinda weird and apart from that I cant talk to her about certain things and I cant really get to know her the way I want to infront of my mum.

I do get to spend some time alone with her, like even going out to meals with her and going for walks to go shopping etc. but not enough :frown: this is especially bad cause she cant see me that often, she's soo busy with work/studying etc. that it really does get to me when I have to share my time with her with someone else ie. my mum. It is starting to really annoy me lol cause I just want sufficient time alone with her to get to know her the way I want to and it just isn't working out :frown:

What should I make of it when she wants to spend so much time talking to my mum? How should I deal with this then? Does anyone have any similar experiences? any thoughts/advice would be appreciated :smile: :smile:
Anonymous
Ok, I have this rather weird situation where I have this really good female friend that I also like in a romantic sense and we do get on really well & we like each other's company and perhaps I might go out with her some day I dont know. Anyways she also knows my mum and she get on very well and is quite good friends with her as well, which is kind of what I feel weird about. I mean I like the fact a girl I like is good friends with my mum but I cant help feeling like it gets in the way of me being friends and perhaps developing things with her. Like for example she always wants to go over to my house and never wants to meet at her place or in the west end or city because she likes to see my mum, which means we end up doing the same thing a lot of the time ie. just hanging out in my place. Apart from that I have to spend at least a significant amount of the time I do get to see her talking to her with my mum, alot of times the majority of time with my mum which feels kinda weird and apart from that I cant talk to her about certain things and I cant really get to know her the way I want to infront of my mum.

I do get to spend some time alone with her, like even going out to meals with her and going for walks to go shopping etc. but not enough :frown: this is especially bad cause she cant see me that often, she's soo busy with work/studying etc. that it really does get to me when I have to share my time with her with someone else ie. my mum. It is starting to really annoy me lol cause I just want sufficient time alone with her to get to know her the way I want to and it just isn't working out :frown:

What should I make of it when she wants to spend so much time talking to my mum? How should I deal with this then? Does anyone have any similar experiences? any thoughts/advice would be appreciated :smile: :smile:

You're going to have to tell her that you like her.
Scary, but you'll be glad you did in the long run when you finally get to spend some time on your own...
not really you could just say lets meet up here or i have booked this restaurant or something like that be more forceful with the meet up stuff.
Reply 3
Thx for the advice, I have thought about telling her I like her but like u said its incredibly scary and Im just not too sure at this point, and it would need to be at the right time anyway, which is kinda hard to find because of the reasons above and even though she definetly likes my company well it seems that way anyway Im not sure if she likes me that way :frown: I just dont feel sure enough to take that risk you know :frown: plus she's soo gorgous she has loads of boys chasing after her and I dont want to be the typical guy u know :frown: I really do have to wait for the right time for that.

Anyways I think Im going to just be nice about it but suggest other things to do like meet up in the city or the west end or something and just try and get her to agree. I might say something about us always doing the same thing and it being more interesting for us to do something else etc. describe how good the restauraunts r in the centre and stuff, anyways thx for the advice :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending