The Student Room Group

EPQ

I need help with one of my questions
its to do with Capital punishment and the implications of it
my teachers recommended to me though, that I should put up a debate or a debate between countries.
But finding the research for that is hard, ive got several research on stuff that are relevant to the question.

But I don't know what to do.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. :redface: Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you :h:
Personally, I think this is the best sub-forum to post for EPQ as the question is about research difficulty but not in a specific area

I'm having the same problem as you do, my tropic is "Silver Halide and Darkroom Processes and Their Value in Photography" and I have less than 5 resources discussing about value
And it's having too much factual parts

Have you think of changing topic? It seems it is a topic suggested by teachers instead of what you fond of.
Changing topic can solve the problem instantly

If not, have you tried google scholar?
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
I need help with one of my questions
its to do with Capital punishment and the implications of it
my teachers recommended to me though, that I should put up a debate or a debate between countries.
But finding the research for that is hard, ive got several research on stuff that are relevant to the question.

But I don't know what to do.

Or you can try this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=602573&page=290

I got no reply tho:frown:
I may be able to help considering I did my EPQ on capital punishment. My title was 'Does economic gain surmount the ethics associated with capital punishment in the UK?'

I debated whether or not economic advantages with the death penalty justify its return to the UK despite morals/ethics linked to it being negative. I compared it to US states which still enforce the death penalty to see if firstly the economic gain can be applied to the UK and secondly how the states with it feel about its ethics. To do this I used about 40 sources varying from Google Scholar, lectures, JSTOR, YouTube videos, etc., and carried out a survey to reflect ethics.

In the end I concluded that it didn't really bring any significant economic advantages and that everyone hated it, so it shouldn't be reintroduced.
Original post by Sky.high
Or you can try this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=602573&page=290

I got no reply tho:frown:

I tried there :frown:
Original post by Exceptional
I may be able to help considering I did my EPQ on capital punishment. My title was 'Does economic gain surmount the ethics associated with capital punishment in the UK?'

I debated whether or not economic advantages with the death penalty justify its return to the UK despite morals/ethics linked to it being negative. I compared it to US states which still enforce the death penalty to see if firstly the economic gain can be applied to the UK and secondly how the states with it feel about its ethics. To do this I used about 40 sources varying from Google Scholar, lectures, JSTOR, YouTube videos, etc., and carried out a survey to reflect ethics.

In the end I concluded that it didn't really bring any significant economic advantages and that everyone hated it, so it shouldn't be reintroduced.

Mine is similar! Can I PM you, i wanna start writing it tomorrow over the holidays so I get it over and done with.
Mine is basically similar but its about socioeconomic implications if reintroducing CP. My teacher said I needed a debate going and I had loads of sources from articles and stuff. Some about the US. The recent one about peshwaar, middle east and some to do with the UK. I also found sources with religion/sharia'h law etc.
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Mine is similar! Can I PM you, i wanna start writing it tomorrow over the holidays so I get it over and done with.
Mine is basically similar but its about socioeconomic implications if reintroducing CP. My teacher said I needed a debate going and I had loads of sources from articles and stuff. Some about the US. The recent one about peshwaar, middle east and some to do with the UK. I also found sources with religion/sharia'h law etc.

Sure, PM me!
Original post by Gott
Any suggestions for a question about architecture and society? I have been struggling for ideas but am going to base it around that sort of thing as, I know I am very good at writing about that compared to other fields anyway, as my GCSE art teacher said that my writing was very advanced, even though I only got an A not that, that means much in GCSE art as the marking is completely subjective and I quote a girl in the other class: 'I asked what I needed to do to get to an A* and she said that she marked me as an A because she thought that, that was what I was aiming for'. WTF. Also I know that I will narrow the question to Northern European architecture, as I like the documentaries of Jonathan Meades and particularly magnetic north (watched so many times that I must be careful not to plagiarise it). Also if anyone knows when a new Jonathan Meades woud be coming out, I would be

Moving towards zero-carbon housing?

Quick Reply

Latest