The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Squelchy
How is it crapping all over someone's post? She gave the OP poor advice, meant with the best of intentions, but poor advice nonetheless. Should the OP have followed this advice, she would have been treading water to a far greater extent than if she followed my advice.

So by attempting to help, I am somehow being a bad person? I would suggest you grow up somewhat and learn to accept criticism (or criticism of others, as in this instance) without resorting to immature and personal insults.

I'm just going to agree here.
Reply 21
friendsfreak88
Like Squelchy said, the way to improve those areas is to lose fat from all over the body. This should be done with a good diet and exercise. Cardio and weights are important in an exercise regime. Your diet should contain lean protein, complex carbs and lots of veggies. Remember that to lose weight you will need to create a calorie deficit of about 500 calories per day (this can be done through reducing calories by 250 and doing 250 cals worth of extra exercise).

However, don't expect to be able to completely transform your body shape. You say that you have an hour glass figure which is obviously your natural shape so it is likely that you will always carry most of your weight on your stomach and hips but a good diet and exercise can really help to enhance the appearance!

You're right, i don't want to change my figure, i am happy about my figure. It's just the weight around my stomach. Thanks, for the tips.
Reply 22
Anonymous
So i have to lose weight everywhere else before i start to notice the change with my hips and my stomach?

Yes.
Anonymous
What kind of exercise could i do at the gym to start losing weight?

Any exercise is good exercise. Weights are the best, but aerobic exercise is good too. Work your whole body with weights, and keep changing things. Do various types of cardio exercise, such as exercise bike, rowing, elliptical and treadmill.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchGal
looooooooooooooool. Thanks
I don't care what Squelchy thinks about me, as he doesn't care what I think about him. So there's no point in getting offended.

Squelchy
Why the hostility? I didn't say I don't care about your opinions, I was just pointing out that your limited knowledge of fitness might be misdirecting the OP, when her time could be better spent with a better knowledge of what she should be doing.

See my previous post for a more detailed explanation of how to define muscles.

Lol you say your post was not hostile yet people took it as such, and now you are taking her post as hostile, when I certainly for one read her post as much less hostile than your original one.:p: :rolleyes:
why does everyone hate squelchy? it seems like you people came in here with some kind of hate pact i can't actaully understand what kicked it all off :p:
Reply 25
I think its time to admit on this topic when someone actually knows what they are talking about.

Squelchy said something which was prefectly correct, and yet people seem to be interpreting that is him trying to be a know it all.

No matter how many sit ups you do, if you have a thick layer of fat covering your abdominal muscles, you will not see anything.

CV exercise and diet if you want to lose fat.
Reply 26
You can't spot reduce fat, unfortunately. All you can do is lower overall bodyfat percentage and hope it comes off of your stomach first. Unfortunately, the abdominal region is usually one of the last places lipolysis occurs.

Reduce bodyfat percentage with diet and exercise.

No offence, because I'm sure you mean well, but you really shouldn't be giving advice if you don't know what you're talking about.

Obviously this is a case of a someone thinking he is a fitness instructor with 30 years expirience.
andy_cole2
why does everyone hate squelchy? it seems like you people came in here with some kind of hate pact i can't actaully understand what kicked it all off :p:

I don't hate Squelchy. I don't even know the guy. I've only come across him once on the forum, and that was this time. Not seen him since.
And I can read this on the top of this page : Remember all advice is unprofessional.

Latest

Trending

Trending