The Student Room Group

could she be interested in me?

Right..

I like this girl at my school. She's a year below me in year 10 and im in year 11. I started talking to her recently, just a bit. She always likes my pictures on Instagram and we make eye contact a lot.

She gave me her pen for an exam which I returned to her and then I borrowed her pen again. Yesterday after 1st lesson I was walking up to second lesson which is Geography and she had History next door. As I was walking up the stairs with my friend I accidentally tripped up on the stairs. She was behind me but I didn't realise she was there and she said "Don't fall over" I didn't know who said it then asked her at the top of the stairs if it was her and she looked at me then smiled and said yes then went to her History lesson.

After that do you reckon she could have an interest in me? I want to ask her out before Christmas but I'm getting all these thoughts like "what if she says no" " what If she doesn't like me".
She definitely wants the D mate
Original post by Fruitbatapple
Right..

I like this girl at my school. She's a year below me in year 10 and im in year 11. I started talking to her recently, just a bit. She always likes my pictures on Instagram and we make eye contact a lot.

She gave me her pen for an exam which I returned to her and then I borrowed her pen again. Yesterday after 1st lesson I was walking up to second lesson which is Geography and she had History next door. As I was walking up the stairs with my friend I accidentally tripped up on the stairs. She was behind me but I didn't realise she was there and she said "Don't fall over" I didn't know who said it then asked her at the top of the stairs if it was her and she looked at me then smiled and said yes then went to her History lesson.

After that do you reckon she could have an interest in me? I want to ask her out before Christmas but I'm getting all these thoughts like "what if she says no" " what If she doesn't like me".

Just because she likes your instagram pictures does not mean she likes you. I'd get to know her more before you ask her out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Charlotte15
Just because she likes your instagram pictures does not mean she likes you. I'd get to know her more before you ask her out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah youre right.
She wants you to tutor her then freaky with maths....divide legs substrate clothes etc
Reply 5
Original post by Fruitbatapple
Right..

Up until last year i was in exactly the same situation with a girl in the year below me. i had no idea if she liked me or not (it turned out she did and we have now been going out for just over a year). after a few months of chatting i decided that it was time to ask her out and she said yes. now there is no iron-cast way of knowing if someone likes you,sometimes you've just got to cast your luck in the pot and hope so if i can make a suggestion? ask her to go shopping with you or something, something that's not necessarily a date then ask her after awhile of chatting and stuff if she would like to go see a movie or something.
Original post by ejwvs
Up until last year i was in exactly the same situation with a girl in the year below me. i had no idea if she liked me or not (it turned out she did and we have now been going out for just over a year). after a few months of chatting i decided that it was time to ask her out and she said yes. now there is no iron-cast way of knowing if someone likes you,sometimes you've just got to cast your luck in the pot and hope so if i can make a suggestion? ask her to go shopping with you or something, something that's not necessarily a date then ask her after awhile of chatting and stuff if she would like to go see a movie or something.

I really want to ask her out don't get me wrong but I'm just worried that she might not like me back and she will say no. Anyway I have to wait until new year as we've broken up for Christmas break at school! She does look at me quite a lot but however we talk rarely. I got crapped on by a seagull once when I was talking to her and her friend and they always laugh at it. Don't know weather it's a flirty laugh or genuinely taking the piss out of me!
Lending pens =/= sexual attraction
Reply 8
Try some casual chatting like "did you see that movie?", maybe you have similar hobbies :wink:
Original post by WeedCanKill
Lending pens =/= sexual attraction

yeah definitely! (sarcasm) haha
Reply 10
Hmm from just what you've said so far, its hard to be sure. Get talking to her a bit more and then see how it goes before you ask her out.
this is so cute :giggle: I remember being this young and thinking that eye contact means he wants to marry me :lol:

OP I think you should ask :h:
No.. She just seems like a friendly person in general.. Lol.
Original post by anonymouspie227
this is so cute :giggle: I remember being this young and thinking that eye contact means he wants to marry me :lol:

OP I think you should ask :h:

Haha, I'm going to ask her when we return to school! :biggrin:
I think you should talk to her a bit more and then ask her out on a date. She sounds like a nice person and you have nothing to lose, if it doesn't go right, your in year 11 you can always move school so you won't be embarrassed if it doesn't go right

Posted from TSR Mobile
She likes your instagram photos, she makes eye contact and you've borrowed her pen multiple times. No doubt she likes you in a friendly way at least but I wouldn't say this constitutes anything further. I agree with Tango_16, try talking to her some more and maybe ask her out after a while. If you don't, you will always wonder if she liked you or not.
Original post by Erebusaur
She likes your instagram photos, she makes eye contact and you've borrowed her pen multiple times. No doubt she likes you in a friendly way at least but I wouldn't say this constitutes anything further. I agree with Tango_16, try talking to her some more and maybe ask her out after a while. If you don't, you will always wonder if she liked you or not.

Yeah suppose so! It's always worth a try isn't it?

Quick Reply

Latest