This poll is closed

Are you (your parents) rich?

Filthy rich. 6%
Just rich. 23%
Barely rich. 32%
Poor. 30%
Filthy poor.9%
Total votes: 151
Are you (your parents) rich? If yes, why, why are you rich, what for? If not, why are you not rich, what for?
If you are rich, how you are rich: filthy rich, just rich, barely rich.
Do you like it?

Scroll to see replies

Total gross household income exceeds 100k but I don't feel that well off due to mortgage, stupid taxman etc

Parents have professional jobs
Reply 2
Original post by namename
Are you (your parents) rich? If yes, why, why are you rich, what for? If not, why are you not rich, what for?
If you are rich, how you are rich: filthy rich, just rich, barely rich.
Do you like it?

Depends what you class as "rich"
I don't go to a private school, have an estate named after our family or have a collection of family jewels or anything like that, but everything I've ever needed and most of what I've wanted (within reason, of course), they've provided me.

So I wouldn't say we're rich in the proper sense, but I've been provided with everything I need and of course I like it :smile:
Depends on how you class rich. Some people on TSR defiantly claim that I am because I don't qualify for university bursaries but we're poor enough so that university is going to be a financial struggle. Parents are teachers and we live in London so the money isn't exactly flowing, although obviously we're not exactly in poverty either.
We were once upon a time, my parents had a couple of successful businesses

Then my mum got really ill and some other stuff happened and now she's on JSA so we're on the breadline
Combined income of £40,000 and living in a council house, so it depends how you define 'rich'. I live in a pretty wealthy town so I'm considered poor here, but elsewhere I wouldn't be.
Nope mines is below is around 17k
But I feel pretty blessed most of the time tbh
There should be an option in the poll for between rich and poor... Haha
I would say my parents are below average but above the threshold for relative poverty. I hope to change all that in the next 5-10 years.
Fortunate, I think that's the word.
Why does it matter?
just because your parents have money doesn't mean they'll give it to you/ help you at all
Reply 12
Original post by Mellamalama
Nope mines is below is around 17k
But I feel pretty blessed most of the time tbh

Same :/
Reply 13
Household income is about 80k.

No idea about parents household income as they retired in their 40s.
I'd say quite poor.

My Mum was a single parent, I love her to bits and she brought us up well, but I guess we're poor. I'm 20 now, but when I was around 10, we walked 3 miles to a store to get a refund on something for £3. We then bought Smart price cans of food from Asda with that £3 for our dinner. That was on a Sunday, end of the week, when we never had anything.

I always got scared that would happen again, or that we'd even have less than £3 so I always saved some pocket money my Great Nan gave us whenever we did a big job for her! I used to spend it immediately!
Reply 15
Original post by anonymouspie227
just because your parents have money doesn't mean they'll give it to you/ help you at all
No one mentioned any giving...
combined income of probably £50,000,(living in london) I live comfortable and parents have worked hard to put stuff on the table and to get to where they are, both working class parents too. (However they may have a bit of money here and there but wouldn't support me if I went to uni because they wouldn't be able too,which is why im worried about moving out as I may not be able to pay for rent/living etc. Just a bit of extra nonsense i'm sure most wouldn't care about but why not ey.)
(edited 9 years ago)
Combined parental income of around £37000 living in Greater London, so we're not rich by any means, if anything we may be quite poor considering where we live. However, after saving for a very long time, they've recently managed to purchase a second house for £300000 (with a mortgage) and rent it out to university students, so I'd say they've done very well for themselves. If, in 3 or 4 years' time, they feel that the rental income is sound, they may consider buying another house and doing the same.

Lucky for me, I'll be inheriting all of it, so I hope to carry on with the buy-to-let investing :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
I wouldn't say my parents are rich with a combined income of around 60k, I earn more than them individually but combined they earn slightly more.
What is 'barely rich' and why does it then skip to poor? There should be a 'neither rich nor poor option' or atleast add figures..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending