The Student Room Group

A Way Into Medical Research

Hi,

I am about to come to the end of a Bachelor's degree in Film but after much contemplation I have realised that I am in completely the wrong area.

I'd like to move into scientific research however it is nigh on impossible for me to fund a second Bachelor's degree. As such I am interested in doing a graduate medicine course (far more funding is available for this) as a gateway into phd research in Biotechnology/Bioengineering. Is this a viable pathway? Or is there another equally possible solution.

Any help would be great. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Future_Hold
Hi,

I am about to come to the end of a Bachelor's degree in Film but after much contemplation I have realised that I am in completely the wrong area.

I'd like to move into scientific research however it is nigh on impossible for me to fund a second Bachelor's degree. As such I am interested in doing a graduate medicine course (far more funding is available for this) as a gateway into phd research in Biotechnology/Bioengineering. Is this a viable pathway? Or is there another equally possible solution.

Any help would be great. :smile:

What funding are you talking about? Because I can't see any funding past 2015 entry. Not to mention the possibility the course may not be an option soon and that doesn't even touch upon the time commitments required to prepare a competitive application.

It would be easier and more suitable to work for 3 or 4 years and save up for a second bachelors. Not to mention you'd actually learn the subject you needed, medicine isn't the best launch pad for biotechnology anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending