The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

newcastle uni multicultural?

hi,i currently have an offer to study electrical and electronic engineering at Newcastle university from what i have heard newcastle is not a multicultural city and same for the university. I don't have a problem with white people i just dont want to be the only black guy in the faculty or something like that.Its far from home aswell so i'd feel more at home if it was multicultural like birmingham
Original post by onry
hi,i currently have an offer to study electrical and electronic engineering at Newcastle university from what i have heard newcastle is not a multicultural city and same for the university. I don't have a problem with white people i just dont want to be the only black guy in the faculty or something like that.Its far from home aswell so i'd feel more at home if it was multicultural like birmingham

Hi

Newcastle isn't as diverse as Birmingham, but I'm sure you won't feel out of place here! Is it possible you could visit Newcastle on an open day and then you can see for yourself if you think you'll enjoy your time here? :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Quick Reply