The Student Room Group

Hopeful Medicine Applicants 2017

Hi Guys! This forum in itself is pretty self explanatory [in terms of what it's about]. I was orginally going to make this a group but I thought I'd start a Forum instead. I'm really interested to know who wants to do Medicine in the future and why? [this is mainly for current GCSE students but it's not really limited]. I'm also interested in knowing all your predicted grades [If you reall want to share it]. Anyway, I just want this to be a place where people feel that they can turn to if and when they need help. We are all in this together so why not help each other out :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Yeah it did and thanks :smile: I'm kinda new here so... yeah... X'D Tbh though I actually forgot about this, either way I'll fix it when I get on the computer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnimeFreak101
Yeah it did and thanks :smile: I'm kinda new here so... yeah... X'D Tbh though I actually forgot about this, either way I'll fix it when I get on the computer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ignore that other message (its a bot that doesn't even read the original post), you are in the right place. There may not be many 2017 potential applicants floating around but this is definitely the spot for medicine applicants.
-_- well that's how you know I'm an idiot. Thanks for the advice either way :smile:. This site is gonna take some getting used to. :tongue:
-_- well that's how you know I'm an idiot. Thanks for the advice either way :smile:. This site is gonna take some getting used to. :tongue:

Don't worry about it. There are plenty of good threads to have a read of to see how everyone else is getting on

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im currently goping to go into medicine and am predicted 11 A*s. I acheived 9a*s and 2a's in mocks with bo revision... What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barbie1998
Im currently goping to go into medicine and am predicted 11 A*s. I acheived 9a*s and 2a's in mocks with bo revision... What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amazing!!! Well I haven't gotten the results of my mocks yet but I know it won't be good. I didn't try as hard as I could have DX. But I am predicted 11A*/A with at least 9A*'s or something. Have you started revision yet? If so what do you do, especially with the sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Amazing!!! Well I haven't gotten the results of my mocks yet but I know it won't be good. I didn't try as hard as I could have DX. But I am predicted 11A*/A with at least 9A*'s or something. Have you started revision yet? If so what do you do, especially with the sciences?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: No I haven't done anything this holidays because I felt as if I needed a break seen as we did our mocks until a couple days before we broke up😞 but now im sort of feeling as if I should have done some 😊 Have you being doing any? If so what and how much? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Barbie1998
Thank you :smile: No I haven't done anything this holidays because I felt as if I needed a break seen as we did our mocks until a couple days before we broke up������ but now im sort of feeling as if I should have done some ������ Have you being doing any? If so what and how much? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well,how I revise for Science is by first highlighting the textbook I've got and making notes in my online revision flash cards. My aim is to finish P1,C1,B1 and B2,C2,P2 by the end of this holiday no matter what so I'm supposed to be really busy however I just end up procrastinating. I'm almost done with P1,C1,B1 and C2 though, and I intend to start B2 and P2 next week. The part 3's are for after Christmas cause I need to order the book and I just can't kill myself. I also have a crap load of homework to do as well as French essay to write and memorise. Either way I think it's better for me to start now than somewhere in mid January when the workload and expectation increases and starts stressing me out a lot! My Science GCSEs will go fine if I can just finish my notes :smile: [that's my hope anyway]
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi! I'm hoping to apply in 2017. I already have 2A*'s 3A's and for the 7 I have left to do this year, I am predicted all A/A*:smile:
Hi Guys! This forum in itself is pretty self explanatory [in terms of what it's about]. I was orginally going to make this a group but I thought I'd start a Forum instead. I'm really interested to know who wants to do Medicine in the future and why? [this is mainly for current GCSE students but it's not really limited]. I'm also interested in knowing all your predicted grades [If you reall want to share it]. Anyway, I just want this to be a place where people feel that they can turn to if and when they need help. We are all in this together so why not help each other out :smile:

Hi! i will be applying in 2017 :smile: I really want to go into medicine! I did 3 GCSEs a year early last year; Maths, ICT and Music and got an A*, A and B. I'm predicted all A/A* in the remaining 12 i am doing this year! Which a levels are you going to do? :smile:
Original post by DustToDust
Hi! I'm hoping to apply in 2017. I already have 2A*'s 3A's and for the 7 I have left to do this year, I am predicted all A/A*:smile:

Heya :biggrin:. I'm so happy, that more people replied XD. With your grades, I'm sure you are already a potential candidate :smile: Anyway, what A-levels do you intend to do? And how are you preparing for the rest of your subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by alexxandra
Hi! i will be applying in 2017 :smile: I really want to go into medicine! I did 3 GCSEs a year early last year; Maths, ICT and Music and got an A*, A and B. I'm predicted all A/A* in the remaining 12 i am doing this year! Which a levels are you going to do? :smile:

Hi there :smile:. You're soo lucky your school does early entries mine just stopped DX. You also seem to have done the subjects I'm currently doing. How did u pass Music? I feel like I'm gonna fail and get a C in it :s-smilie: composing is just soo annoying. I'm also doing ICT, I was doing Computer Science until this year when my school changed it to ICT last minute -.- either way it seems passable :biggrin: so I haven't got any problems with it. As for A-levels I'm going old school in the sense that I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. My brother said Further Maths is just additional stress so I'm sticking with Maths. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi there :smile:. You're soo lucky your school does early entries mine just stopped DX. You also seem to have done the subjects I'm currently doing. How did u pass Music? I feel like I'm gonna fail and get a C in it :s-smilie: composing is just soo annoying. I'm also doing ICT, I was doing Computer Science until this year when my school changed it to ICT last minute -.- either way it seems passable :biggrin: so I haven't got any problems with it. As for A-levels I'm going old school in the sense that I'm doing Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. My brother said Further Maths is just additional stress so I'm sticking with Maths. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh man music took so much time, i was 1 mark off an A! :frown: i composed mine using a programme called sibelius 7, if you are it really helps if you download it! as for the listening you just have to learn all the terms and performance is just practise :smile: ICT is quite easy to get a good grade but just so boring. Im doing the same a levels! but im unsure as whether or not to do further maths as a fifth :smile:
Oh man music took so much time, i was 1 mark off an A! :frown: i composed mine using a programme called sibelius 7, if you are it really helps if you download it! as for the listening you just have to learn all the terms and performance is just practise :smile: ICT is quite easy to get a good grade but just so boring. Im doing the same a levels! but im unsure as whether or not to do further maths as a fifth :smile:

Are. You. Crazy????!!! One does not not simply do 5 A-levels [tried to find a meme of this, I couldn't DX]. Lol I'm just joking. Tbh if that's what you really want to do. Go for it. I'm pretty sure you'll cope just fine. Just be prepared for a hella work. Oh btw how does the program help? As in, in what ways? I use logic and it's not too bad but for me Music is just another nightmare. [Well the composing bit]
Are. You. Crazy????!!! One does not not simply do 5 A-levels [tried to find a meme of this, I couldn't DX]. Lol I'm just joking. Tbh if that's what you really want to do. Go for it. I'm pretty sure you'll cope just fine. Just be prepared for a hella work. Oh btw how does the program help? As in, in what ways? I use logic and it's not too bad but for me Music is just another nightmare. [Well the composing bit]

Hahaha i know it will a lot of work, but i think it overlaps a bit with maths and physics so shouldnt be too bad! um well our class composed using it so it just meant i can do work at home as extra time, it was good because you could play stuff back and it gave sample drum beats and all, i cant really remember!:smile:
Hahaha i know it will a lot of work, but i think it overlaps a bit with maths and physics so shouldnt be too bad! um well our class composed using it so it just meant i can do work at home as extra time, it was good because you could play stuff back and it gave sample drum beats and all, i cant really remember!:smile:

Yeah you should hope so :smile: I'm sure it'll become a breeze with time and what not. My brother's coping so it won't be as terrible. As for Music, I'm simply screwed and that's just it. Even my teacher knows and he's not really willing to help as well -.-
Reply 18
I can't seem to find a Hopeful Dentistry 2017 Applicants thread, so I'm going to chill here if you don't mind :cool:

As long as you don't bite :colondollar:
Yeah you should hope so :smile: I'm sure it'll become a breeze with time and what not. My brother's coping so it won't be as terrible. As for Music, I'm simply screwed and that's just it. Even my teacher knows and he's not really willing to help as well -.-

hope so:smile: ah dont worry about music its not that important just an extra thing:smile: where are you thinking of applying for uni?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending