The Student Room Group

Feelings for another girl

So recently Ive been developing these feelings for another girl that I am quite close with at school, but she's told me that she's straight and I told her that im straight as well. I tease her a lot about other guys and she gets quite stressy at this :lol:

We've been talking everyday for about 3 weeks now and weve started saying that we love each other and even debating over who loves who more - is this normal for a typical friendship between each other or do you think that the other girl may be feeling the same because I'm practically in the dark here and I would appreciate some opinions?

Should I wait and see what happens or?
Sexuality is made up of a number of aspects, including attraction, identity, and behaviour - 'thought and word and deed'.

You've declare that you have a straight identity to each other, but you at least have the attraction. Whether anything happens in terms of behaviour is something that depends on whether she has the attraction and whether both of you want to do something about it.

What would happen if you a) stopped teasing her about the guys and b) said something along the lines of 'if I were a guy, I'd...'?
This is so cute. Young Love. :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by unprinted
Sexuality is made up of a number of aspects, including attraction, identity, and behaviour - 'thought and word and deed'.

You've declare that you have a straight identity to each other, but you at least have the attraction. Whether anything happens in terms of behaviour is something that depends on whether she has the attraction and whether both of you want to do something about it.

What would happen if you a) stopped teasing her about the guys and b) said something along the lines of 'if I were a guy, I'd...'?

If I stopped teasing there probably wouldn't be any difference, but I think saying stuff liek "if I were a guy, I'd totes kiss you" or something would be a bit like "Umm, what?", she's that kind of girl but we have pet names for each other, it's really weird and confusing....
Reply 4
Original post by driftawaay
This is so cute. Young Love. :colondollar:

Hardly young love if I have no idea where I stand :cry:
I'm suggesting stopping teasing because, unless she's complaining about doing it too, it's unlikely to be helping your chances.

If it were 'umm, what', that suggests it's not going to happen. But it's a non-threatening way to ask - you are, after all, not a guy.
Reply 6
Original post by unprinted
I'm suggesting stopping teasing because, unless she's complaining about doing it too, it's unlikely to be helping your chances.

If it were 'umm, what', that suggests it's not going to happen. But it's a non-threatening way to ask - you are, after all, not a guy.

We aren't really at that stage where we can say things like that, it's getting there I suppose so maybe one day I'll try it
The things you say aren't unusual for straight friends though. Girls are like that with their friends so in any case don't get your hopes up.... good luck xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending