The Student Room Group

Do girls like a guy who can cook ?

Like a guy prepares a surprise dinner when you get home.If so why is this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like it
Reply 2
Original post by all.mine
I like it

What does it show or tell a girl about the guy.
Reply 3
Original post by 061194
What does it show or tell a girl about the guy.

I won't demand it from my guy. Call it extra. I can live without. It gives the guy a good reputation. On special ocasions is extra sweet. Regularly, it's cool.
Reply 4
I'd love a guy who can cook, but if whomsoever I fall in love with doesn't know how, it's not a big deal for me.
Reply 5
Yes. Brownie points in my book.
Reply 6
I like it. When me and my bf first starting going out he convinced me to meet him one day by saying "cmon up to my flat and I will cook you chips!"
The way to my heart is through my stomach :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What type of question is that ffs

Posted from TSR Mobile
a guy who can't cook can be consider burden to his girl later. At least something for himself.
Original post by catsis
Yes. Brownie points in my book.

I see what you did there :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes. But mostly they just like attractive guys and rich guys. Thats all that matters.

Posted from TSR Mobile
yeah! i really do not want to get into a relationship/marriage where i will be one cooking everyday.
Reply 13
Original post by 061194
Like a guy prepares a surprise dinner when you get home.If so why is this?

Definitely... Im relying on my husband cos I cant cook for shizzzz

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
But.. like it's not even hard to cook.. trial and error... find some recipes. It's not like people are split into categories of those who "can" and those who "can't" cook..
Nobody cares if a guy can cook, I can and I do enjoy it, but I couldn't care less if it attracts girls or not.

One thing though, girls who brag about their lack of cooking skills :facepalm2: :puke: :banghead: You are taking pride in your lack of possession of a skill, there must be something wrong with you.
I'd be more put off by someone who couldn't/wouldn't cook at all than I would be impressed by someone who can. Sure, if they're really good at it I'd be more impressed than if they were a similar average standard to me, but on its own I'm not sure how much of a winning factor it would be.

My husband is a pretty good cook, but leaves the kitchen looking like a small tornado has passed through, and doesn't wash up, so it's swings and roundabouts.
Original post by Spock's Socks
I like it. When me and my bf first starting going out he convinced me to meet him one day by saying "cmon up to my flat and I will cook you chips!"
The way to my heart is through my stomach :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, no offence, but I wouldn't exactly call preparing chips "cooking", :tongue: even if made from scratch.
Original post by McMurdo
Lol, no offence, but I wouldn't exactly call preparing chips "cooking", :tongue: even if made from scratch.

Lol I know :tongue: he can cook fancy stuff too but he just knew I love chips haha.
It's cute.. not a deal breaker though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending