The Student Room Group

How much work are you doing over christmas (A* -A)

Im not sure how much I want to do. I want to get two A*s and an A in the summer.
Your thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JustHoping
Im not sure how much I want to do. I want to get two A*s and an A in the summer.
Your thoughts?

A lot of work!I am aiming for the same grades!10 hours of study at least!
Reply 2
Original post by Skill Twix
A lot of work!I am aiming for the same grades!10 hours of study at least!

A week or over the whole holiday? :smile: Its hard to compare to friends who study less than i do anyway!
I plan to do A LOT as I'm aiming for 9A* and 1A. I already started putting things together. I plan to lock myself in my room and do a solid 12hr work a day [since I don't know the next time I'll get this opportunity].

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm actually not planning to do very much as I'm very up to date with my revision and I think it is important to relax over the holiday :biggrin:
Reply 5
I will do the homework that's been set over the holiday and probably organise my notes and read/edit a few of them as a bit of revision, but it's the Christmas holiday and I haven't had a day off for coming up to three weeks by Sunday so I want to relax.
A week or over the whole holiday? :smile: Its hard to compare to friends who study less than i do anyway!

The entire holiday!I know it's a lot but I am 2 months behind :frown:
I plan to complete coursework, any homework set and then prepare my revision notes for all my subjects. I don't plan on doing any 'revision' per say, as it is important to relax over the holiday, as the next six months will be hectic. I'm aiming for A*AA and have already achieved 9 A* and 1 A at GCSE, so I know what works for me.
Reply 8
Original post by Skill Twix
The entire holiday!I know it's a lot but I am 2 months behind :frown:

10hours over the holiday isn't that much! :smile: I was considering doing 15 hours a week
Reply 9
Original post by ShonaM6920
I plan to complete coursework, any homework set and then prepare my revision notes for all my subjects. I don't plan on doing any 'revision' per say, as it is important to relax over the holiday, as the next six months will be hectic. I'm aiming for A*AA and have already achieved 9 A* and 1 A at GCSE, so I know what works for me.

Cool, I ddn't get 'set' any homework and I don't have course work. I think I'm going to catch up on my geography notes and do some maths papers. Maybe start my philsophy notes.
10hours over the holiday isn't that much! :smile: I was considering doing 15 hours a week

Well I meant daily lol!
My bad!
I think 8 hours with 30 mins break inbetween each hour is good. So 12 hours overall, then relax for the rest of the day.
I got A*A*A :biggrin:

You just don't stop working. 8-10 hours a day on holiday periods was average. Take a break on Saturday (reduce to around 2 hours going over test papers, looking for areas of weakness)
6 hours a day.

Ended up with 4A's.
I'm going to write up flash cards and organise notes, then do a few hours of 'real' revision a day for the rest of the holiday.
Original post by elephants_
I'm going to write up flash cards and organise notes, then do a few hours of 'real' revision a day for the rest of the holiday.

That sounds like me, I'm going to go with intense organisation up until Christmas eve, three or four days off, then an hour or two each day for the rest of the holiday. (Aiming for A*-A in the summer too, OP!)
On the first week, I'm not going to do any revision, on the second week, still none but I'm gonna start finishing off my applications and on the the third and last week, I'm gonna start revising.
Don't think I can do 10 hours a day! I know I burn out if I work that long, I did last year and had to take a week out. Will probs work a 30hour solid week.
I'm pretty much up to date on notes and stuff as I rewrite each lessons notes and have already rewritten them agian. I was planning to just finish up on the second rewrite on geography and philosophy, do a couple past papers as well. Maths though I guess i can only do past papers.
What subjects are you guys taking?
Are you guys all serious with studying so much? I'm not from the UK and just wondering how difficult your A-levels are if you're planning on studying that much.
Original post by Viridiana
Are you guys all serious with studying so much? I'm not from the UK and just wondering how difficult your A-levels are if you're planning on studying that much.

I'm doing GCSEs so I have 11 subjects to revise for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending