The Student Room Group

Complete noob and don't know where to start!!

Hi everybody, I'm new around here, I guess lol.

Well where can I begin? I left High School in 2013, in pursuit of an Apprenticeship. Finished my last English Literature exam and moved straight into an Apprenticeship, which I finished just under two months ago. I'm still at my place of my employment, but whilst I've been on my apprenticeship, I've changed my mind about going to University, and very eager to go now.

Here's the catch - I have next to no idea what I'm doing with UCAS! I never really paid any attention to all of the University applications etc. when I was in Sixth Form, as I had no desire to go to Uni back then (in hindsight it would have been a great idea...)

I've done a lot of the application already, but I have a few concerns -

First of all, I can't seem to work out how to register the BTEC that I have completed! I don't understand all this Extended Diploma and normal BTEC malarkey! Mashed potato makes more sense to me. :frown:

Secondly - Referees. I don't have any contact with my old High School or College any more. As I am applying as an individual, can I use somebody outside of my family, or do I have to go back to my High School or College to do this?

Ahhhh!!!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Reply 3
Have you got your certificate? The flavour of btec you did will be on there. Unfortunately, nobody here can tell you how to enter it as we don't know what you studied.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest