The Student Room Group

Tips on winning her back

Don't feel like writing too much so tl;dr
and before reading, try not to be judgemental, about the situation, about her, or me

basically - met a girl (who had a bf) since coming to uni, became friends, then best friends (literally hang out 24/7), then friends with benefits (kind of thing, and she had a long-d bf), then she broke up with the bf so i thought we could be official, but she just wanted fun and I was getting to srs, so left me and found someone else. I suspect she's beginning to rly fall for this guy, but still has some leftover feelings for me. I'm gonna have her all to myself soon for a couple weeks. How do I use this to my advantage to make her mine again?
Try make it less about sex and more about romance. Don't brand it as a 'date' but suggest seeing a movie, getting a bite to eat, then get to know her on a more personal level.

In saying this, if she's clearly not interested then don't push it and try to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see a long, trusting and prosperous relationship with this girl in your future OP. :stupid:
That girl's favourite song is probably We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together.
Reply 4
Gotta say, I love the kind, helpful TSR community.

I know this situation can seem quite... controversial? but I really love this girl at the moment. She might just end up hurting me even more, but I'd rather take the risk than doing nothing and regretting it later on when she ends up together with this other guy. (They're not officially together either)
No, seriously. Never get into a love triangle situation. You'll lose control of your feelings and get a criminal charge. Best thing to do is walk away from it all and embrace your independence.
Show her that you know her better than the other guy, do some of her favourite things or invite her back to your flat for a movie and see how it goes
Reply 7
Original post by shawn_o1
No, seriously. Never get into a love triangle situation. You'll lose control of your feelings and get a criminal charge. Best thing to do is walk away from it all and embrace your independence.

I won't lose control of my feelings this time. I can guarantee that. Once I'm starting to feel that way, I'm gonna stop myself since last time it hurt quite a bit. And it's not about my independence.

And when I talked about her "leftover feelings" I meant although she's trying to hide it, I can still see that she's attracted to me. How could I use that to my advantage?
Reply 8
Original post by HotCoco.
Try make it less about sex and more about romance. Don't brand it as a 'date' but suggest seeing a movie, getting a bite to eat, then get to know her on a more personal level.

In saying this, if she's clearly not interested then don't push it and try to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you're a girl, I have to ask. Do you feel a lot closer at a personal level during/after a nice time together, or after getting intimate (maybe not all the way to sex)?
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Don't feel like writing too much so tl;dr
and before reading, try not to be judgemental, about the situation, about her, or me

basically - met a girl (who had a bf) since coming to uni, became friends, then best friends (literally hang out 24/7), then friends with benefits (kind of thing, and she had a long-d bf), then she broke up with the bf so i thought we could be official, but she just wanted fun and I was getting to srs, so left me and found someone else. I suspect she's beginning to rly fall for this guy, but still has some leftover feelings for me. I'm gonna have her all to myself soon for a couple weeks. How do I use this to my advantage to make her mine again?

She doesn't want to be yours. Accept it.

Just **** her on another level, make it all about sex, and only that. Have your fun with her. Then let her run back to her other guy, and think of you when they are together. In the mean time you drop her for good and find another girl, who actually wants to be with you.
Original post by az08
She doesn't want to be yours. Accept it.

Just **** her on another level, make it all about sex, and only that. Have your fun with her. Then let her run back to her other guy, and think of you when they are together. In the mean time you drop her for good and find another girl, who actually wants to be with you.

Sounds like a good plan, just way easier said than done for me :/

We're basically going on vacation together. How should I act? Keep it casual and friendly? Turn up the romance a little bit? I don't want to scare her away.
Reply 11
lol this girl sounds like typical uni sloot....ie. those girls who think "uni being the best years of your life" means you have to jump on every dick you see
Reply 12
Sounds like a good plan, just way easier said than done for me :/

We're basically going on vacation together. How should I act? Keep it casual and friendly? Turn up the romance a little bit? I don't want to scare her away.

ah, DO NOT be romantic.

Girl is clearly a sloot, so the only appropriate response is to treat her like one. Just fool around, keep it strictly sexual, but whatever you do DO NOT make it serious / start talking about feelings and chit.

Your only goal on this vacation should be to **** her brains out, and then when vacation's over, move on and find another girl.
Original post by MAINE.
lol this girl sounds like typical uni sloot....ie. those girls who think "uni being the best years of your life" means you have to jump on every dick you see

Thank you for that very helpful input. Maybe I shouldn't have come to TSR for advice anymore. I don't think I'm gonna check back on this thread either. One of the few people that gave actual help and advice: thanks
Reply 14
Thank you for that very helpful input. Maybe I shouldn't have come to TSR for advice anymore. I don't think I'm gonna check back on this thread either. One of the few people that gave actual help and advice: thanks

Well its true, think about it. Shes not happy only getting banged once in a while by her long distance BF, so she gets with you, and you even said she just wanted fun, ie. some more banging. She has her fun and meets another guy, 'oh i want him to bang me too'. And now shes going on holiday with you...can you guess the reason?

Theres a word for girls like these: hoe.

You really should realise and accept that, treat her like one as thats clearly what she wants. NOT relationship material.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending