The Student Room Group

If girls can reject guys based on height, guys can reject girls based on weight.

Double Standards?

'When his height starts with a 5' *disgusted face* <- Acceptable
'When her weight starts with 200 [pounds]' <- Gross/****ing rude

Wondering on your opinions.

Smilies

:smile:

:frown:

:tongue:

:wink:

:biggrin:

:redface:

:mad:

:s-smilie:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

:cool:

:eek:

:angry:

:colondollar:

:colone:

[More]

submit new thread preview post

[h="2"]Additional options[/h]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Post ****ed up, can't edit it, sorry guys.
My opinion on the :smile: smily: It is a happy face and enjoy it when people give me one in a message :smile: haha
Reply 3
We can, do and will.

I came, I saw, I advised to go on a diet.
Reply 4
They already know if their overweight then many guys won't like them but manlets get very touchy if a girl rejects them and n height.
(edited 9 years ago)
Ofc we can.

Besides height = genetical
Weight = mainly environmental
:> We're the nicer ones.
Reply 6
It's true. Women accuse men of being shallow, but more often than not are just as bad, if not worse. Another example:

Woman: I don't do any DIY. I get my man to do that = fine

Man: I don't do any cleaning. I get my woman to do that = sexist.
Reply 7
Original post by turing96
We can, do and will.

I came, I saw, I advised to go on a diet.

ROFL!
I don't think height should be a reason to turn a guy down... I'm 5'10 and my ex was 5'7 - I think the only thing is people do have certain 'types' that they're into - for example the ex I just mentioned was severely overweight and very hirsute, 2 factors which I find unattractive on a guy. I know its wrong but I think at the start of a relationship aesthetics are important, although I think a degree of leeway should be allowed - I was with my ex for a year and even though there were issues (thus why we broke up) I learnt a lot of things during that time and I'm glad I experienced it because of that. How someone looks shouldn't be the main reason you go out with them regardless of gender - although it would be stupid to say its not nice to be physically attracted to your partner, those looks will change and fade with time so if you base a relationship or who you ask out entirely on looks, you probably aren't emotionally mature enough for a serious relationship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. The female position here claiming that rejecting someone because they're too fat is ethically wrong is just nonsense. One cannot help what they are attracted to and if one finds a particular feature of someone repulsive, well, who are they to suggest that one is wrong for doing so? Nobody! At least someone can change their weight. They cannot change their height. You can imagine that I'm not 6'5 right?

Seriously though, I don't why people think they have a right to be seen as attractive by anyone they want. Some people are just not compatible. That's just a fact of life we have to deal with :s-smilie:
Can't change you height but you can change your weight. It's true women are very picky when it comes to height it seems to be their biggest preference. Meaning they would rather date a guy 6ft 4 with an ugly face than a guy 5ft 8 who looks like a model.Men don't really care about height but I do think women who are a lot taller than them must be intimidating and look weird to people.
How perfectly true. I, being a female myself have no problem with this. It's all about "equality".:smile:
I can agree to that. Sadly I'm 5"8 I think that's had a negative effect on gaining my first relationship amongst other things
I agree completely. It's okay to be a little superficial. In some cases rejecting people because of their weight is more to do with deeper reasons than the superficial ones.
you can reject people for whatever reason you want, opie a better comparison would be guys rejecting girls because of their tit size because weight is something you can control, height and breast size isn't (outside of surgery)
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Vixen47
I agree completely. It's okay to be a little superficial. In some cases rejecting people because of their weight is more to do with deeper reasons than the superficial ones.

Actually it's usually just because they don't look good.
its "preference"
This can't be a serious post, men reject women because of their weight all the freakin' time. I'm a recovering fat guy myself and even I'd say ain't nobody got time for banging a land whale.
Original post by slade p
Actually it's usually just because they don't look good.

Not for me, or for a lot of other people who are health/fitness advocates. In the past I rejected guys because of their weight (I didn't/couldn't tell them that) purely because I'm a huge advocate for a healthy lifestyle. I think I'm at a point where it's safe to say that I'm obsessive about it. Weight is a good indicator for a person's lifestyle and their self-respect. Because of the way I am I need someone who has an immense amount of self-respect and an understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. I can't imagine myself staying with someone who lacks either or both.
If a girl isn't the right weight for you then she has a different lifestyle to you. I don't think that's such a big deal.

With height though it's not really lifestyle or personality reflection, so I could understand people being annoyed. But I'd still end up saying that being 6ft + will give you a different personality to someone 5'something, so can understand it.

Sometimes people need to stop worrying and just go for what they like. Don't think there's anyone forcing people to date fat girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending