The Student Room Group

How to be just friends with a girl ?

I like this girl but we cant be together she does things I dont like, so its best for both of us to not be in a relationship. But we have common interests so how can I be just friends with her bearing in mind when I speak to her she may think im flirting and I think she thinks I like her.

I was thinking of telling her I like another girl and obtain advice from her and take it from there.
Reply 1
Dont do that
Just be natural

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by SilviaRG
Dont do that
Just be natural

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's wrong with that ? At least that way she'll forget about the idea of me liking her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
What's wrong with that ? At least that way she'll forget about the idea of me liking her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ennit
Reply 4
Well just act natural, be friendly but not over-friendly if thats how YOU feel.
treat her like your friend? like one of your mates-
so don't be awkward, joke around, talk about people you find attractive (that's what I do with my friends fyi- not because I think you're a lad or male etc), just be normal (Whatever your normal is) with her!! :smile:

sorry to hear that you wont be pursing things with her however :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by anonymouspie227
treat her like your friend? like one of your mates-
so don't be awkward, joke around, talk about people you find attractive (that's what I do with my friends fyi- not because I think you're a lad or male etc), just be normal (Whatever your normal is) with her!! :smile:

sorry to hear that you wont be pursing things with her however :frown:

Did you read my earlier posts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by IMBCFC
I like this girl but we cant be together she does things I dont like, so its best for both of us to not be in a relationship. But we have common interests so how can I be just friends with her bearing in mind when I speak to her she may think im flirting and I think she thinks I like her.

I was thinking of telling her I like another girl and obtain advice from her and take it from there.

Say you love her. That's one way to friend zone yourself lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IMBCFC
Did you read my earlier posts ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I read the original post :/
Reply 9
Original post by IMBCFC

like what?
Original post by MAINE.
like what?

Excessive drinking.....:frown: aside from that she's fine. But its her own choice and I cant make her change and she shouldnt change if thats what she wants to do.
I find opening up to a girl can work wonders, letting them speak there mind though. See if you can have a one to one adult conversation about it, draw a line and become friends or maybe more.

Once she knows you like her, it will always stay on her mind. No matter what.
basically don't have sex with her

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending