The Student Room Group

Can you ever be too tall (question for girls)?

Generally girls like taller boys, but can the height difference ever be too much? I'm around 6'2/6'3 myself.

Scroll to see replies

6'7 here :/
Original post by angelfox
Generally girls like taller boys, but can the height difference ever be too much? I'm around 6'2/6'3 myself.

can I slide in your dm's like
I'm 5"6 ish and I prefer guys that are much taller than me. I don't think it can ever be too much unless they were like 4"1 or something like that. Then you have problems

What's your name? Can I have yo number?:colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm 6'5 and I've never had any problems, it's usually a good ice breaker since I always get the "omg you're so tall" line. It's funny because I'm into tall girls (5'7-6'2) but usually get attention from the short ones.
I'm a small girl (5 ft 2.5) so yeah a guy can definitely be too tall for me, I wouldn't want the guy to be more than a foot taller than me

Original post by Gambit92
I'm 6'5 and I've never had any problems, it's usually a good ice breaker since I always get the "omg you're so tall" line. It's funny because I'm into tall girls (5'7-6'2) but usually get attention from the short ones.

I'm the opposite, I prefer smaller guys (not too small though) and mostly get attention from taller ones :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BBrotherwood
6'7 here :/

asl? joke joke :colone:

7 ft is not appealing imo
Yes, though I am very short 4'9
Sometimes it just gets to the point where it is too awkward in the height department, it just makes every day things like kissing a hassle and awkward.
Original post by anonymouspie227
asl? joke joke :colone:

7 ft is not appealing imo

xD

It does not work to my favour being tall though. My co-ordination is atrocious so I have a habit of walking into things :P (not door-frames though)
It generally ends up being a good way to make myself look like a tit :biggrin:
I'm 5'1. Nobody is too tall. Ever. Ever. Everrrrrrr :flutter:
I'm 5 ft 2 and I once had a very brief something with a guy who was 6 ft 8. We went to a dance together. People laughed. Considering high school awkwardness at being the joke of the school, that was the end of the brief something.

I did later date a guy who was 6 ft 2, though, and we managed.
:sexface:

I'm about 5'1 and I think for someone like me your height is perfect.

The tallest I've had was 6'4. It was fun when I got picked up, but not so much fun when I was standing on the ground next to him. I think I barely reached his waist/chest. :tongue: I don't think I'd go any taller than 6'2 if I had the choice. My current boyfriend is around 5'10 or 5'11 and it's perfect.

I'd say the 'too tall' point comes when the girl has to wear heels to actually be able to see the guy's face. It's a pain in the arse. Even with current boyfriend I sometimes have to jump on him and make him hold me so I can actually look at him. :biggrin:

A 10/11" difference is a nice limit.
Original post by BBrotherwood
xD

It does not work to my favour being tall though. My co-ordination is atrocious so I have a habit of walking into things :P (not door-frames though)
It generally ends up being a good way to make myself look like a tit :biggrin:

who cares about your coordination?!! 6ft7 is niceeeee :L
Original post by angelfox

I think you'll be fine, once you get to six four/six five guys tend to start being a bit more awkward with it, so you've passed the peak. I mean there are some girls who like really tall guys so you'd always do ok, but overall I'd say you're probably in the best sort of range.

It's partly how you carry it though. Gangly isn't sexy.
Reply 13
I love tall guys!! I'm 5'3
I think being tall is an attractive quality for a guy.. especially since i'm quite a tall girl (5'8)
Reply 15
I'm 5ft 5' am I short ?
I don't find shorter girls attractive tbh, for relationships I would choose a taller girl every time (has to be at least 5ft7). Greater chance of my kids being tall too, if I ever decide to have kids, is if I go with a taller girl.
Original post by jawsontheflooor
I think being tall is an attractive quality for a guy.. especially since i'm quite a tall girl (5'8)

is 5ft8 tall for a girl? I'm kind of out of common knowledge for these things to me tall for a girl is 6ft1 and over.
I'm a girl and I'm 6' ,__,
You can be as tall as you want.
My view is build is more important than height. I am somewhere around 5"7-5"8, but am 190 pounds. Some people are 6"3 and have less weight than I do. So people who are taller but skinny look stupid, whereas people who a smaller but better built look more in proportion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending