The Student Room Group

Sony pulls 'The Interview'

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FDR
They talk a big game, but they have never carried out their threats; countless times in the past they have issued warnings (i.e because of US/South Korea training excercises etc) and never carried out the threats.

That's even assuming NK is behind the hack, which I don't think it is - at least not wholly - for a start, Sony's systems were supposedly pretty weak and easy to hack - remember a few years ago, before 'the interview' was even a thought, their PS3 online systems were hacked, so there is a chance it was the same, or similar, groups. Secondly, NK usually issues such warnings officially, why would they do it anonymously - given how succesful the hack has been, surely taking full responsibility for it would confer on them a degree of international prestige.

I think, given that the hack started in November and the interview wasn't even mentioned, the original hackers had nothing to do with NK, they probably just wanted to cause a bit of havoc. Then we get this 'warning' which could easily be the hackers trying to cause more havoc by blaming NK and seeing if they can get some reaction out of Washington, or perhaps it was a group of (probably less sophisticated) NK hackers trying to piggyback on the hack by posting the warning.

Alright then i rest my case, your response sees legit.
As amusing as the film might have been, it was always likely to arouse anger from NK.

That threat may well have been a dud, but it was pretty disturbing. None of us want to see a 9/11 repeat in any shape or form, so is it really worth gambling people's lives just to defend a film with flippant comedy? North Korea does not share the West's idea of humour, especially when its at their own expense.

I also can't help but think that the longer we keep saying 'ha, well NK won't attack the US', the more dumbfounded we'll be when the day comes that they actually do launch attacks. As far as international relations go, this film doesn't help things at all. But I'm sure it would have been funny. :tongue:
Reply 23
I'm glad to see someone spit at the west. Too much ego and arrogance, especially in the US. It's a horrible ride and insulting idea for a film.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest