The Student Room Group
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
I know a few people who did access courses, and the quality of them does vary significantly, I knew people who were very overprepared and others who struggled significantly, not even passing a foundation year. Also make sure your course will be accepted by the university you want to go to as a method of direct entry.
Reply 3
Original post by readyornot
Anybody here who has enrolled on an engineering degree without having taken A Levels?

How did you find it? Were there any particular areas in which you felt particularly disadvantaged?

I have been told by the university they have many students coming via Access courses. But I want to be as prepared as I can.

Hi,

I'm on an access course at the minute hoping to go onto study Mechanical Engineering at Leeds in September.

From what I've heard, it depends on the content of your access course. The main thing I've heard is access students struggling with the maths content, the calculus side of things.
I'm quite lucky because my course involves calculus and further calculus! Engineering departments usually like as many maths credits as possible.

Good luck :biggrin:
Just saw this, how did it go?
Original post by lsaul95
Hi,

I'm on an access course at the minute hoping to go onto study Mechanical Engineering at Leeds in September.

From what I've heard, it depends on the content of your access course. The main thing I've heard is access students struggling with the maths content, the calculus side of things.
I'm quite lucky because my course involves calculus and further calculus! Engineering departments usually like as many maths credits as possible.

Good luck :biggrin:

Reply 6
Original post by kyledavies97

Original post by kyledavies97

That user hasn't been online since 2016 and this is an old thread that's now closed :smile:

If you have a similar question it's probably best to start a fresh thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending